Chapter Five: ANNABETH

After lunch, Anna walked Annabeth to her next class. They both had Oceanography. Annabeth enjoyed the class because it reminded her of Percy. Anna was really good and helped Annabeth when she got confused. It was frustrating for Annabeth that she didn't understand right away but managed to cut herself some slack because she had missed the first few months.

Next, Annabeth and Percy both had frees while the others had classes. So Percy took her on a walk through school. His sea-green eyes twinkled as he talked. They reached the fields, once again they were empty, but this time Percy took her inside.

"Perrcyyy, why are we going in here. It's cold!" Annabeth hugged her arms.

"Hold on," He said and led her to a spot between the bleachers and the wall. Once they had walked into the empty area, she could no longer see the fields. "I wanted to give you this in private." He dug through his bag and fished out a small thin box. About as wide as an eraser and about seven inches long.

She took the box and furrowed her brows, "Whats this for?"

"Nothing, just thought you would enjoy it."

Annabeth opened the box to reveal a thin black bracelet with a sleek, black box a little bigger than a battery fastened to it. Annabeth made a puzzled face. "What is it?"

Percy laughed, took it out of her hand and secured it to her wrist. "Its a bracelet for sending messages. I have one too." He held up his wrist to show an identical bracelet.

"So what I click a button and a screen pops out?" Annabeth laughed though she wasn't sure if she was kidding or not.

He smiled. "No, wise girl. I had Leo make them for us this summer but with, ya know, I was waiting for the right time to give it to you." He leaned over and held the sides of the black box on her wrist until it lit up with a white line in the center. "You hold and press the sides to create vibrations and swipe to change the color." He held her watch and pressed the sides three times and swiped the top until the color became blue. Then he held up his watch as it vibrated three times and flashed blue.

Annabeth thought it was strange, sweet, but she still didn't get it. She must've made a face because Percy laughed. "I learned morse code, Annabeth. So we can always be together." He fiddled with his watch for a second until Annabeth's lit up pink, flashed and vibrated for the morse code that translated to 'I love you'.

Annabeth heart almost melted right then and there. It was incredibly, sweet and thoughtful. Better than any gift she could ever give. He'd spent weeks learning morse code after coming up with the perfect gift. She fiddled with hers and sent back 'I love you too, seaweed brain'. He laughed and they both smiled, a little teary eyed.

"Leo designed some new technology for them so they'll work anywhere in the world, ya know down there." Percy leaned in. "I'll never lose you again."

Annabeth looked deep into his sea green eyes. He knew her so well. One of her greatest fears was losing Percy again, as she did last winter when he was kidnapped and sent to Camp Jupiter. Since then, whenever they were apart, they iris messaged every morning and night and sometimes in-between. She looked down and pushed a few buttons on her new bracelet- the morse code for 'kiss me already'  flashed on his watch.

Percy's breath was heavy as he leaned in and kissed her deeply. She shook as she put her arms around his neck and ruffled his hair, entangling her fingers. Percy's hands slid down from her waist to her thighs as she jumped up, putting her legs around his waist. He slowly walked over to the wall and placed her in the small alcove where the window sill was, without breaking their kiss. The kisses deepened, filled with desire and love. Annabeth ran her fingers along his waistband, stretching the elastic of his sweatpants and moved her hands up to trace his well-defined abs. He pulled away and kissed her neck down to her collarbone. Annabeth let out a small moan.