Chapter Seventeen: LEO

Leo dialed the number that was still written on his arm from two weeks ago. He heard a scratchy voice on the other end. "Hello?"

"Taft, hey. Is now a good time, or?" Leos face lit up.

"Yeah I'm free. Whats up?"

"I was thinking about our project and I talked to my girlfriend. I think we should build the cicadas instead of trying to train live ones." He said tapping his pencil to a diagram prototype sketch of a mechanical cicada.

"Is that allowed?"

"Not sure. I emailed our teacher already but I think it should be fine."

Taft hesitated on the other end. "You mean like build-build the cicadas or just put that in our presentation as part of our plan?"

Leo thought for a moment. "We could build-build them. I'm pretty good at building stuff but id need you to help me with the control disk to mimic cicadas tendencies and personalties and to research the plants and stuff."

"You can build them yourself?"

Leo scratched his head. "Yeah, I've built a lot of stuff like it, I already have some ideas. It'd be good for some extra credit- the gods know that I'm gonna fail this class."

Leo imagined the look on Taft's face on the other end of the line. "Lets do it. Do you want to meet somewhere to talk about it?"

Leo grinned. "Sure, Tuesday at my apartment?"

"Its a date." Taft said sarcastically. They hung up the phone. It's not really a date... right?