Chapter Four: ANNABETH

"This is your girlfriend?!" Anna came over to Percy and punched him in the shoulder. He laughed and Annabeth felt a twinge of jealousy but did her best to hide it. "Why didn't you say so? You coulda showed me a picture or told me her name! I've been giving them a whole dang tour with no idea!" Then she turned to Annabeth, "And this is the," she continued in a mocking tone, "friend you had all come from Long Island to go to school with?! Unbelievable! Once again good old Anna, left in the dark." Annabeth let out a genuine laugh and hugged Percy from the side, placing her hand on his chest.

"I did too show you pictures! But every time you all claimed she 'wasn't real'! Anyways, Anna, this is my girlfriend Annabeth, who I by the way had no idea was coming. And my other friends, Leo, Jason, Piper and Olivia." He gestured towards each of them. "And you guys, this is Anna, she one of my good friends here."

Someone cleared their throat behind Percy and they all turned. Two boys stood smiling. They both also looked athletic.

"She's real?" one of them said. They gazed in amazement at Percy and then scanned Annabeth up and down. Annabeth blushed, still in a daze from seeing Percy.

"No way. You weren't kidding!" the other said in a piercing English accent.

Percy turned towards Annabeth, and the rest of the gang, "Guys these are my friends Troy and Charles." He turned back to the boys and said, "Guys this is my girlfriend Annabeth, and my other friends, Leo, Jason, Piper and Olivia." They all waved awkwardly.

The bell rang, interrupting their reunion. Percy waved off Troy and Charles and turned his attention to the others as the students cleared the hallways. "Anna, could I see their schedules?" He took them and studied them. "Great! We all have humanities together second period so I'll see you all there and lunch is 4th so we can also catch up then. Anna, can you help them find their way to their classes?" Annabeth heart sunk into her stomach. She had to leave him now, within just minutes of being back with him again. But, to her relief Percy kept her schedule when handing Anna back the rest. "I'll lead Annabeth to her first class." He turned towards the rest of the group. "Bye you guys! Really good to see you."

"Bye!" Annabeth said quickly.

As they walked down the empty halls, Percy informed Annabeth that her first class was Art History. Which was a relief to Annabeth after she had spent hours trying to figure out how her schedule worked. Unfortunately, Percy had Pre-Calculus first. So she would have to wait until second period to be with him again. And then they wouldn't even be alone. They wouldn't have any classes together after second period until lunch, sixth period where they each had frees and then seventh where they had cultural studies alone together. After Cultural Studies, Annabeth would have a general gym class and then they would meet back up.

Annabeth explained what had happened and how they had been transferred into his school. She also explained that over the weekends he could stay at the house with her in his designated room. He said that he couldn't wait. Percy finished the tour of the school adding in personal anecdotes that made Annabeth laugh. They finally walked up to Annabeth's first class when she stopped him before the door. She pulled his arm and swung him around so he was pressed up against her, against the lockers. She leaned in and gave him a deeper kiss but pulled away quickly and smirked. That'll give him something to think about, she thought. She entered her first class with Percy and the teacher welcomed her and told her where to sit. The other students seemed friendly enough, Percy waved goodbye and slipped out. She opened her laptop like the other students and began taking notes as the teacher lectured.

Annabeth found the class interesting enough and was taking notes when the guy behind her tapped her bare shoulder. She almost yelped at the cold, startling touch of his skin. Annabeth glanced back and her gaze was met by a large teenage boy, maybe 2 years younger than her, with startling blue eyes.