Chapter 8: No more "What ifs"

End of the previous chapter: 

They ended up talking for a while, exchanging phone numbers. Harry may have messed up with Simon, but at least he gained a friend today. Heartbreak and happiness were battling inside of Harry's mind that night. But a broken heart mends right? And with the help of his new friend Vik, he was determined to heal his broken heart.

Chapter 8: (993 words)

That week, Harry successfully avoided Simon, only seeing him a few times, including in English class, where he let himself stare at the strawberry blonde, his mind daydreaming about everything that could've happened if Simon liked him back. For the taller boy though, this week wasn't a success. He sucked at their last football game, too sad to even care about it. He was missing Harry and rarely seeing him was only doubling the number of thoughts he had about the boy. Plus he had seen him with Vik, laughing and seemingly having fun, like being away from Simon was the easiest thing he had ever done in his life. But Simon knew he was the one who had messed up when he pushed him away the other day. Since that day, he had asked himself the same question over and over again. Was Harry worth risking his popularity, his friendships, and his spot on the football team? And the only answer he could come up with was that he was because he was feeling like trash ever since he had pushed the boy away. And even his friends were starting to get suspicious that something was up with him. Tobi was getting worried about his results in football, and about Simon going straight home after practice when he usually would hang out with Tobi and some of their teammates afterward. But Tobi wasn't the only one, JJ was concerned as Simon's smiles were getting rarer and rarer, his will to talk being at its lowest point too. And Josh, the one who never failed to make him laugh didn't seem to manage to get even the smallest giggle out of him. It was during one of his gym sessions with Ethan that he understood how worried everyone was for him and that saw he wasn't coping very well with not seeing Harry. Ethan had asked him if he could help him with anything to make him happy again because they were all worried sick about him and they didn't quite enjoy seeing their friend this sad. Simon thought about it. He thought about how he could regain his happiness, and he realized what he needed was closure. He needed to talk things out with Harry and stop wondering about what could've happened if he hadn't pushed him away. So, that day, he was determined to talk to the honey blonde boy, one on one. He found him talking to Vik in the schoolyard and strode toward them. "Harry, I need to talk to you. He said grabbing the boy's hand before he could even answer, dragging him into an empty classroom.

-What's wrong with you?! Harry complained. I didn't even say I...But Simon cut him off with a kiss he had wanted for so long now. Harry's lips still tasted of that sweet cherry taste, Simon noted.

-I need you to get out of my mind Harry. Simon whispered, holding him in his arms, resting his forehead on Harry's.

-I thought you didn't like me. Harry said, taking a step back to look at Simon, shocked to hear that Simon was thinking about him.

-Well, I do like you... Simon sighed, playing with his fingers as he was nervous.

-Well, I like you too... Harry voiced after a moment.

-So...What do we do? Simon asked before his lips were met by Harry's once again. I like that but it isn't resolving anything. Simon chuckled when Harry pulled away.

-Why did you push me away if you like me? Harry asked suddenly.

-Because I was afraid. Afraid of my feelings for you. Afraid that someone would see us. Afraid that my world might shift over. Harry looked at Simon with compassion. He couldn't be mad at the taller boy for being afraid, could he? He had been scared all his life, of literally everything, so he was well placed to understand how Simon was feeling.

-Are you still scared? He questioned. Simon took a deep breath.

-I think I am. Not of my feelings though. But that my world might shift and become awful. Simon seemed heavy-hearted and it was breaking Harry to see even the smallest hint of sadness in Simon's eyes.

-So what do you want from me? Harry asked, putting his hand on Simon's cheek to stroke it gently, making Simon shiver from the touch he had missed so much.

-I don't... I'm not sure... All I know is that I can't stand not seeing you and that I want you to be mine. Simon paused to look at Harry's sea blue eyes. He wanted to drown in them for the rest of his life.

-Then I'll be yours. Harry grinned.

-No... Simon shook his head. You can't. You'll be unhappy.

-I wo...

-Because if we get together I'm not sure I'll be able to tell people. Simon cut him off, taking a step back.

-Then we'll hide it as long as you feel it is necessary. Harry pulled Simon closer.

-It's not fair on you. Simon replied, his voice slightly breaking.

-What's not fair on me is you depriving me of my happiness by wanting to keep me away from you. Simon gave him a small smile.

-Are you sure you're ok with hiding it?" He asked tugging on Harry's hair. And for only response, Harry kissed him passionately. He was the happiest person on earth at that moment. It was like everything around them had disappeared. At this moment the only thing that mattered was that Simon Minter liked him back. 

Sorry for publishing this so late but let's jsut say today was pretty eventful haha. Anyways I hope you liked this small chapter, as always, thanks for reading.