Chapter 10: Flashback

End of the previous chapter : 

Harry let out a bitter laugh before searching for something on his phone. Once he found it, he showed it to Simon. It was a video of him and JJtalking about the bet at Starbucks.

-What? How did you get that? Simon asked frowning.

-It doesn't matter, does it? You used me. You played with my feelings to entertain your friend. A tear rolled on Harry's cheek.

-Harry, it's not like that. You don't even have the full conversation. Simon tried to defend himself.

-I really thought you were a good person Simon. But I guess I was wrong. Harry's voice broke, breaking Simon's heart at the same time.

-Harry, I swear I truly love you. Simon pleaded.

-I don't think I can trust you anymore." Upon those words, Harry left, leaving an empty and broken Simon.

Chapter 10: ( 982 words)

Harry and Freezy were playing Fifa that afternoon. They were having fun, but Harry really wanted a matcha latte and if he was honest, Callum wouldn't have said no to a Starbucks pink drink. Being lazy, neither of them wanted to walk all the way to Starbucks, so Freezy and Harry agreed that the loser of the next game was going to go buy them the drinks. Unexpectedly, Cal lost 4-2 so he left in order to go buy them the drinks, not without complaining, of course, calling Harry a cheater and trying to find an excuse for his loss."You'll have better luck next time " Harry teased him as he got out. There was a fifteen-minute walk to reach the Starbucks, and Cal was determined to turn it into a ten-minute walk, walking as fast as he could to be back home as soon as possible. It was cold outside and of course, he had forgotten to take his bloody coat! He was a shivering mess because he was only wearing a short-sleeved t-shirt. Once he spotted the Starbucks, he rushed inside, enjoying the warmth of the heater. It felt so good to not be cold anymore that he stayed next to the door for a minute or so before he found the strength to walk toward the counter. But as he was about to start walking, he saw Simon and JJ sitting down at a table. He was about to greet them when he heard them talk about abet. Callum knew ear dropping was a bad thing, but he couldn't help his curiosity, and as soon as he heard JJ mention "the shy boy", he knew they were talking about Harry. Did they make a bet on Harry? Cal wondered. How could they do that to him? Harry was the nicest person he had ever meet and JJ and Simon were just taking advantage of that to have fun. Cal took out his phone and started to videotape the conversation. He would need proof for Harry to believe him because he tended to trust people a bit too much and to only see the good in them. When Simon handed his phone to JJ, Freezy stopped recording and left, not even thinking about buying the drinks. He rushed home, his blood boiling of anger. How could his friends do this? Where they that inconsiderate? He couldn't let them manipulate Harry and play with his feelings like that. Callum was very protective of Harry ever since his dad started to date Harry'smom. He had always wanted a sibling and he was blessed with three now, whom he'd do anything for. He loved them all and they all got along pretty well, so looking out for each other was a natural thing for them. For instance, when a guy stole Josh's bike, Harry and Callum confronted him. And nothing was worth the smile that was on Josh's face when they brought him his bike back. Freezy slammed the door, startling Harry who had started another game of Fifa while waiting for Cal to get back. "What's wrong?  Harry asked concerned, pausing his game.

-JJ and Simon are assholes! Callum said, dropping on the couch next to Harry.

-You didn't go to Starbucks? Harry asked as he noticed Freezy didn't bring back anything.

-Yes I did! What... Cal started not understanding why Harry was asking that. Oh... Shit... I forgot about the drinks. He realized.

-And I thought my memory was bad. Harry chuckled. So, you said JJ and Si are assholes, what do you mean by that? Harry asked, just now catching what Callum had said upon his entrance. Freezy scoffed.

-They are manipulatives little fucks! I can't believe they would do something like that! Harry looked at him confused, not getting why Cal was so mad.

-What did they do? The honey blonde asked curiously.

-You wouldn't believe me if I tell you... Callum said, more gently.

-Well tell me and you'll see if I believe you. Harry chirped.

-I have to warn you it will hurt you Bog. 

-Oh come on just tell me." Harry voiced, dying to know what JJ and Simon did. He didn't take the warning seriously, given that Cal was overprotective of him half of the time, but he will come to wish he did. Freezy got his phone out and reluctantly pressed the play button on the video. Harry was at loss of words. Simon didn't love him after all, he just wanted to have fun. Were all of their conversations fake? Did Simon trick him into falling for him to entertain JJ? Harry felt tears rolling down his cheek and Callum pulled him into a hug whispering an "I'm sorry ". They stayed like this for a while before Rosie came home. "What's wrong?  She asked with concern in her voice, looking at the two boys.

-Nothing don't worry." Harry replied, faking a smile. He then locked himself in his room. He didn't want to talk to anyone. He felt numb like his whole world had just collapsed. But he also felt betrayed by Simon. How could he do that to him? Harry trusted him. Simon tried to call him but Harry just let his phone ring. A while later, his mom knocked on the door, letting him know that dinner is ready, but he replied he wasn't hungry. He spent the whole night crying his eyes out. He never thought being heartbroken could hurt that much. The next day, he almost stayed home, but Callum convinced him to go. He walked into school feeling completely defeated. He didn't want to do anything anymore and he was using all of his strength to hold in his tears. But then, Simon approached them...