CHAPTER NINE

One month later

I fall on my bed with a big thud. I have been here for a month and I don't know once we came here, Lucas actually changed. Well he met up with Tryphana and she told him she was moving away and I don't know but I felt a pang of jealousy. But he started to look at me with irritation. And all this added to stress. Preparations upon preparations. And because of what transpired Luxas and I can't seem to act like a lovely couple.

It's dinner time!!" Someone says.

Aaargh!!!

It's not like you aren't acting. You're not ready to love him.

Shut up Avery.

"Rose it's dinner time."   Says Sophie.

At Dinner

"Can you please pass the salt Luna?" I ask the Luna.

Yes child. Lucas darling please pass the salt to Rose.  She says and smiles. The Alpha and Luna can see and feel the tension between the two of us.

Lucas does pass the salt alright but he throws it to me. The salt hits my head and pours on me.

"Hey! What's wrong with you?" I shout at him.

"Don't shout at me girl." He says and continues to eat as though nothing happened.

"I'm not a girl. Well technically I am but you know what forget it." I say and get up.

"Rose."   Sophie calls out to me to warn me.

"No. I will not keep mute this time. All the time you were at the Pent house you were kind and all lovey dovey." I say and point my finger at him.

"I was? Do you have any idea who I am?"  He says and looks at me as if I am some psycho.

"Yes I do and Lucas you're my mate. You're supposed to act like one. But instead you act like a boss and it drives me crazy. " I say and huff.

"I act like a boss?" He asks

"Yes you do and because you're Alpha you think you have the right to do so." I say.

"Well point of correction he isn't yet ." The Alpha says.

"Well still no difference."  I say and shrug.

"That's it!"   He shouts and bangs the table then runs to me. I couldn't shield my face before he grabbed me by the neck and pushed me to the wall.

"LUCAS!"  Sophie screams.

He strangled me. I could see his eyes was yellow. I haven't seen this before. Perhaps Calden was undergoing a phase into being an Alpha.

"LUCAS STOP!" The Alpha orders.

"Yeah right kill me Lucas." I  taunt

"It's Calden!" He says in an Alpha tone.

"Lucas please stop." Luna says.

"Don't you ever shout at me or think of disrespecting me or else you're dead!" He bellows and throws me to the ground and leaves.  Luna rushes to me. I close my eyes.

Lucas

"How dare she?" I say and pace in my room.

Yeah she has no right

Calden and I were both angry I even think we were seeing red. I also have no idea of what is happening with me. It seems as though I am going through a anger and venom phase. I have to tell mother. My mind flashes back to what happened during dinner. Calden take over and starts to throw things away. Mother comes to me. She hugs me. He cools down and I mutter. "I'm sorry Mother."

It's alright my darling. I think it's time you went through initiation of being an Alpha you're developing the features." She says and cups my face. I just continue hugging her.

3 days later

Rose

Lucas and I are supposed to settle issues at the court. Some rogues want to stay and Lucas is being Lucas. The luna told me that Lucas is undergoing phases of an Alpha which explains his anger and his tone. So I must try to deal with him peacefully. But how can I when this guy won't even understand my point.

"They have  to stay. They're equipped. Think of the protection we will have as a pack." I say trying to elaborate my point.

"They won't stay as long as I am an Alpha. A rogue will always be a rogue." He says bossy.  I roll my eyes.

"I insist they stay. I dare you as a Luna." I say.

"Er.. Alpha and Luna..." Jay his bestfriend calls to us to try to stop us.

"Why can't you be like the normal girls and listen to your lord?" He asks me.

"Ha! Lord? You're not even close to a friend. You'll never be!" I say and yell. He slaps me with a force I couldn't comprehend. Must be his Alpha phase. I move backward and fall on the ground.

"Lucas!" Jay warns.

No one has even dared to slap me. He had no right. I start to move towards him blowing up.

"Arrgh! That's it. I'm sick and tired of all this. He's your mate make deal with him peacefully. Oh fuck this all!"  I say and feel blood on my face.

"No Rose!" Jay says.

I slap Lucas back. He throws me again and this time strangles me. He could kill me. At this point of an Alpha phase the person will kill anyone who comes his way.

"You can just kill me. You want to don't you? So just do it. Kill me Calden. You'll be free."   I taunt at him

"You're a devil in my life. I wish you were never our mate!" He says and throws me.

I think I hit some cubicles I don't know cos I felt my bones crack. The court room looks a mess now. My wolf wakes up and she cries. He said that from his heart. It's like he has rejected me. It starts to pain pierce through my heart.

"LUCAS!" Jay says as he holds him to stop him from killing me any further. Sophie rushes to me and tries to help me up but I guess I am weak now. I smile weakly at him and shout with the little strength I have.

"I wished the same too Lucas!"  I say and everything goes black.