CHAPTER FOURTEEN

2 WEEKS LATER

Lucas' POV:

This can't be true. How can she be pregnant? My mind becomes frenzy mode as I think of how it could have happened. Then I start to calculate as my mind flashes back to what happened last two weeks.

FLASHBACK

"I am pregnant Lucas." She said.

I start to look amazed. I Look at her and then her bump. How come I never saw it before? I leave her abruptly without a word.

End of flashback

She was smiling and she looked happy. Does she know how this is really big for us? Oh Christ!

Lucas you've got to accept it.

Me? Accept it? No Calden.

Why not? You guys mated! And there's only a logical reason for her to be pregnant.

But you forced me.

Oh please. You enjoyed it dude. I just made it easy for you. It's at this point our mate needs us incase you've forgotten you're an alpha and she is to be Luna so the child bearing will be a bit difficult. Be a man and go to her Alpha Lucas.

Rose' Pov:

It's been two weeks since I told Lucas that I am pregnant. And it's been two weeks he ignored me. It's as if he's left.

Either that or the pack house is huge and he is always busy doing Alpha duties.

I roll my eyes and shut Avery off.

I've never felt so heartbroken before. I guess my pregnancy adds up to my mood. I have even refused to eat but rather spend my time crying all day.

"Child you've got to eat." Luna says.

"No." I say and look at the window. Avery is in two shades now. I unblocked her and she's quiet. She can feel my pain. I get up to go the bathroom. Gees who said pregnancy was this easy. The number of times I have gone to the bathroom this afternoon is outrageous and not to mention the fact that it comes as if you're pouring water in a bucket. But then as I stood up to go suddenly the room becomes blurry and dark. I see spots and feel dizzy. Before I could say hey I was on the floor. Linda's face comes into view before blackness consume my vision.

Lucas Pov:

I was heading to Rose's room when I see Mother trying to carry her. She looks at me with tears in her eyes. No don't tell me she killed herself.

'Son what did you do to her?' She looks at me with disappointment.

Please don't be dead. I still love you.

Carry her then.

I carry Rose in a bridal style and send her to our native doctor with Mother closely behind me. The issue was serious cos they used charms to get her back.

2 HOURS LATER

"She's alright. She just passed out. But I am afraid her babies' health is at risk now. She has got to eat a lot Alpha. " she says and leaves.

"Son go to her." Mother says. I nod and go to Rose. I see her sleeping soundly on the bed. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps. Her baby bump us showing a bit. Her hair covers her eyes. I brush a strand away. She stirs and wakes up.

"Lucas?" She says and looks at me with wide eyes.

"Ssssh" I say and put my index finger in her lips. She shakes her head and starts to say. "I'm sorry....."

"No Rose. I'm sorry. I just got a bit shocked. I promise I'll be a good mate to you and I will take care of the baby." I say and hug her. She hugs back.

8 months later.

Rose and I can now communicate in our minds. So I decided to go to my cousin's pack; White moon pack. I went with my beta and Gamma. I left my dad and his Beta and Gamma in charge. Even though my dad wasn't an Alpha anymore he still ensured peace and safety amongst the pack with his beta and gamma. I kept remembering what happened today before I left. Every day and moment I spend with Rose when not attending to Alpha duties is great. I have done so many things in the past to hurt her and I want her to feel loved and protected.

FLASHBACK
5 HOURS EARLIER

'Do you have to go?' She says and looks down as she looks out of the window.

'Yes my love.' I say and move towards her.

'But I don't want you to go.' She says and looks into my eyes. I see sadness and it hurts me to see her like this even at her late part of the pregnancy when she will need me.

'I know neither do I. But I have to my love.' I say and hug her then cup her face.

'When will you be back?' She asks me as we hold hands.

'In two days.' I say and hold her close. She moves back swiftly and I approach her once again. She sulks. I pull her close to me in a seductive way and she gasps.

'Just two days and I'll be yours again.' I say and whisper huskily in her ear. She giggles and we kiss. It turned out into more than a kiss.

AN HOUR LATER

She was asleep and I started to dress. I hadn't fully dressed when I was told it was time to leave. I kissed her forehead before I left and she squirmed before turning to the other side.

END OF FLASHBACK

I mind linked her but I realised she was still asleep, well she needs rest. Little did I know trouble was lurking.