CHAPTER TEN

Three hours later

I wake up and realise that I'm in my room. My old room. Oh boy have I missed home. Thank God I'm home. I try to get up to rush downstairs and tell everyone how much I have missed them. Then the previous events unfold. I curle back in my bed. He has rejected me.  Not like fully but if care is not taken, I would cease to be his mate. My door opens and I ty to get off my bed.

"No honey. You're not that strong enough. Oh have I missed you my baby" Mum says and helps me get off the bed.

"Mum! I've missed you more. " I say and hug her.

"The Luna thinks it's best you you separate for a while for you guys to calm down and try to get along." She says and smiles at me as we break the hug.

So she brought me here. How ironic.

"We can never get along." I say and look down.

"Why honey? He's your mate." She asks me.

" He can never be my mate." I say bitterly.

"Don't say that baby the moon goddess chose him to be." She says and raises my head up.

"She made a big mistake. A mate would never do this to his mate. Look at me. Just look at me. I look like I was run over. He almost killed me." I say and look at myself in the mirror. I sink down and put my head on my legs to cry.

"Oh come here. It will be alright. I know the moon goddess sometimes makes weird love triangles but there's a reason why she choose you. And I am proud to say that I believe that this will all change. Everything will be alright." Mum says and hugs me as I cry more.

"I hope so." I say and sniff.

3 months later

I'm still at my place. Avery is still wounded and quiet. They've not asked of me so I am guessing it's over now. That's when I felt it. It started from my abdomen. This can't be cramps. I already had my period. I screamed in pain. Jedidiah came to my room. He then moved back.

"MUM!!"

She comes in and sniffs.

"Close all the doors and make sure that no one except her mate comes here." She says and starts to close my windows.

It then hit me. I'm in my heat.

"Honey, it's going to be alright. I'll call Luna." She says and leaves but closes my door and locks it.

I try to endure the pain as quietly as I can.

Lucas

"Alpha, your mother wishes to see you."
A wolf guard tells me.  I transitioned into the Alpha just last week. My father still works but I do most of the things now. Under his eye that is.