Letting Go

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Card Captor Sakura. I sadly just own the plot although if the owner wishes to give me Syaoran as a gift I would take him in a heartbeat.

"Sometimes when things are falling apart it's for the best. It might seem like the end but actually it can be the beginning of greater things to come. Things that you were hoping for and praying for can now enter into your life. Prepare for it." ~ Brigitte

Chapter 1

"The referee has added two more minutes on the clock. The ball goes to Kyu on the right corner. He's trying to get over James who's been phenomenal this evening. They're both battling the ball. Kyu passes the ball to, oh wait! Takashi steals it! He passes the ball to... no he faked a pass and kicks the ball straight to the middle. He finds Li in the middle! Li just passed two Wild Boars middle backs and he's all alone in the middle! Jin's right behind! He's trying to catch him! Li just entered the danger zone! I don't think Jin will make it! Here's Li, he kicks and Goooooaaaaallllllllll! Tomoeda High wins the match 1-0 with less than a minute on the clock." The announcer emotionally screamed down the microphone. "Unbelievable Elliot! This kid is amazing. As soon as he saw Takashi with the ball, he knew exactly what he needed to do and just went for it."

"Oh I agree with you Jack and what a speed! This kid is one of the best soccer players I've ever seen. And to think he just turned eighteen... The kid's a superstar. I can definitely say that we will all be watching his career with great expectation in the near future."

"Oh, I couldn't have put it better myself Elliot! Tomoeda High wins 1-0 with less than a minute to go. What a game folks!"

"At this rate, I think we'll be seeing Tomoeda High in that final for the first time."

Syaoran Li, what else could be said. The soccer captain of Tomoeda High Falcons had done it again. One more win for the team that was like a family to him. Being a professional soccer player had been his lifelong dream since childhood and he was just on the right track to achieve it. His discipline and persistence had led him to the player he was today. Many spectators and commentators talked about his game and acknowledge his mind and passion when playing it. Words like prodigy or genius were often mentioned whenever commentators were talking about his way of playing.

His parents had allowed him to study and play abroad in Japan since he started his high school years. Although for many he was considered a genius when it came to soccer, his father had never been pleased with this decision of playing soccer. His dream had always been for his son to inherit his company once he grew up but it was different from what his wife thought about it. Syaoran's mother saved him two years ago from been consumed by the family business for now. She was the one that ended up convincing Syaoran's father to let him play. Knowing her husband had always been a business man, she stroke up a deal to let him play all the soccer he wanted to play till he reached college. She even made the arrangements to have him stay with Wei in Tomoeda at least until he graduated. After that, he had to pick a university in which he would study a profession of his father's choosing that would benefit Li Enterprises so that he could take the company after finishing his studies. That was the deal.

For now, he was just enjoying his senior year playing soccer and being with the light of his eyes... his girlfriend Sakura.

"Hey man, great game!" Eriol said while jogging over to where Syaoran was along with Takashi on his side. 'The perfect soccer trio' was the phrase used by others whenever they played against Tomoeda High. The three of them were best friends inside the field as well as outside.