Life Has Its Phases

"Life only comes around once, so do what makes you happy and be with whoever makes you smile" - Brigitte

Chapter 14

Last night... he kept thinking about last night. Sakura had never given him an answer. Suri ended up interrupting them just when he had cornered her and Sakura, as always never missing a chance, ended up dismissing him with the excuse that she needed to finish work and his minute was up.

He fiddled with his tie a little to give himself a little more breathing space to at least help his discomfort. They were currently having their press conference as a team before the beginning of the tournament tomorrow and he hated dressing up this way. The minute this press conference was over he had no doubt in his mind that the first thing he would do would be to take off this ridiculous tie followed by undoing the first two buttons of his nice shirt and finishing with taking it out of his pants. He had always been more of a sport guy even when dressing up than a business man. In his opinion these clothes suited his father a lot more than it suited him.

"Syaoran?"Eriol nudge his cousin.

Syaoran curiously looked at him. "What?" he lowly asked.

"The reporter just asked you how you're feeling." Eriol whispered.

He looked back at the crowd of reporters and cleared his throat. "I feel a lot better than a month ago, I think everyone knows that." He decided to joke around the question to cover the fact that he was indeed not paying attention at all.

"How far along are you with your recovery? Are you already able to play?" One of the reporters asked.

"I'm still not entirely recovered yet. I've been cleared up to do some training with my teammates but the doctor still has to confirm my full recovery before I can start fully practicing with the team."

"As far as percentages go, how would you categorize the level of recovery you find yourself in right now?" a woman asked.

"I'd say about an 85% good to go. I've had one of the best rehabs any player could wish for and I will keep following it till I'm fully recovered."

A man stood up quickly and asked, "Do you think you'll be able to start in the first game on Sunday?"

He sighed. 'Another reason to hate press conferences...' he thought before replying, "As a team, we have worked very hard for various years and find ourselves prepared to face any opponent in the field. Whether I play or not is not important. My teammates, as well as I, have worked with the same intensity during these years preparing ourselves for this tournament. As for me, my doctor will release me when he thinks I'm ready and my coach will determine when I will play."

Kyu smirked and chuckled after hearing Syaoran's answer while Eriol simply looked at him and regretfully sighing turned his sight down. His cousin had never been good with having patient when it came to dealing with reporter's much less handling press conferences.

~ o ~

Feimei chuckled after hearing her brother on TV. It was obvious he was already bored with all the questions about his rehab. The reporters turned from asking questions at Syaoran to start asking questions to his coach. A move that made her laughed even more thinking about the poor reporters getting intimidated by her dear brother's answer.

"I thought you were staying in your apartment last night." Xiefa said as she walked down the stairs.

"You're still here?" she asked.

"I'm heading to the office in a couple of minutes." Xiefa answered while getting her car keys from the wall. She looked at China's soccer team press conference and stopped to listen to it. "Has Sakura talked to you about our brother?"