Longing

"Don't tell me you miss me. Tell me you're on your way to see me. Actions speak louder than words. – Brigitte

Chapter 10

Ring

Ring

"Can somebody please get that!" Xiefa said already irritated by the sound of ringing phones.

"Li Corporation offices, one moment please." Her secretary answered the phone and quickly put the call on hold while answering another line.

Ring

"Li Corporation offices, one moment please."

She stood up from her desk and closed the door. Phones were ringing off the hook since Syaoran's injury came on the news this morning. Having a fight with Sakura moments after didn't help her foul mood at all. She went to her desk again and started analyzing the documents her assistant had left her on how the rest of the projects where doing. It seemed the number of contracts had increased about 17% in the last couple of weeks. No doubt their work on the Kahi tournament and World Cup had something to do with it. Before she could pass to the second page, she heard her door open and close. As she looked up, she found her mother walking towards her desk. Her livid face demanded Xiefa's undivided attention as she reached her and locked her arms on her desk in front of her.

"I want you to get him out of the hotel. Convince him to come home!"

"Mother..." she put the papers down. Her mother had never been an easy person to deal with. Much less when she had just walked in hysterically demanding for her brother to be taken to their house instead of the hotel. "The doctors still haven't said anything yet. We should wait."

Yelan stared at her daughter. "I just talked to the doctor. They will be giving him two months to recover."

Xiefa stared at her mother, "Are you sure about this?"

Yelan raised a brow to her own daughter, "What kind of question is that to ask your mother Xiefa...? Get him out of the hotel!" she demanded.

Xiefa stared at her mother but didn't dare say anything else. Obviously the situation aggravated her mother's temperament, as it usually did whenever it came to her dearest brother, but since she had heard the news herself she had tried to stay away from this. She didn't want to be involved in any of this. It wasn't that she wasn't concern for her brother but right now there were so many things at stake in the company and even her father had left the office the moment he found out about the incident.

And then off course there was Sakura. The moment she heard the news she thought she could trust her friend to do the right thing and yet she had decided to take that stupid plane after all.

Xiefa sighed. 'I'm screwed!' she thought knowing she truly didn't have a way out of this one. Getting Syaoran out of the hotel... That meant having to talk to him first about their mother's wishes which would probably lead to an argument between what their mother wanted and what he as a player wanted. Not to mention having to convince him about staying at home, which she was absolutely certain he wouldn't agree to. She could imagine the argument already in her head. She rubbed her temple with her fingers as she started to feel the traces of a headache building itself in her head.

Suddenly, at the corner of her desk she saw her cell phone being illuminated by an incoming call. She saw the ID Caller and couldn't believe her eyes. 'On second thought... I'm saved!' She picked up the call, "Aren't you supposed to be on a plane by now?"

"Where is he?" she heard from the other side of the line.

Xiefa smirked as Yelan looked at her curiously, "I didn't know my brother's injury was more important than your boyfriend's trip to Japan. I'll make a note on that..."