A Chinese Proverb

"An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet, regardless of time, place, or circumstance. The thread may stretch or tangle, but it will never break." – An Ancient Chinese Proverb

Chapter 23

"We won! We won!" One of his teammates screamed as he ran excitedly through the hallway.

"We're the champiooonnnsss!" Another one excitedly yelled after.

They could hear the crowd still yelling outside celebrating their historic victory. The entire team had been instructed by management to change into their champion's jersey and walk out to the parking lot where a bus would be waiting for them to take them around a couple of blocks to celebrate this night with the public. For the first time China had won a World Cup. It was indeed a night that would forever be remembered as they wrote their country's name in sports history books.

Syaoran walked through the hallways smiling and laughing at his teammates but enjoying the night as well. After so much hard work they finally did it. They had achieved what no other past China teams had been able to acquire. He felt a hand around his shoulders and looked to his right.

"Man! I'm framing this jersey!" Kyu eagerly said.

Syaoran smiled blissfully. "Eight years Kyu!"

Eriol joined them after with a gratifying smile. "We did it guys!"

A reporter took a picture of the three of them as they walked all the way back to their locker room but that didn't stop them from reaching their destination. As soon as they opened their locker room Eriol quickly reached into his bag and took his cell phone out. Speed dialing the number one, he called his girlfriend without thinking much about it. "Babe..."

Kyu watched his friend and laughed before turning towards Syaoran smirking, "Whipped."

Syaoran smirked as well before going to his locker. He looked through his bag and searched for his clothing so he could take a shower before going to the bus.

"You're not calling Sakura?" Kyu asked.

He smiled before smirking as well. "So that you can call me whipped too...? Nope." He easily said before making his way to the showers. This moment was his and he was going to enjoy it as he felt like.

Kyu frowned as his friend easily waved his question but didn't dwell much on it. The way Syaoran had played tonight was enough to know there was nothing to worry about. He looked through his bag as well and took his clothing out. Compared to Eriol, he would definitely call his girlfriend as well but after taking a shower. After the game they just had, he needed one badly and he was certain his girlfriend would agree as well. In fact, she would probably not allow him to go near her if he didn't take one.

~ o ~

The night sky was clear as they had patrolled the streets in their two story bus celebrating their victory. They jumped up and down as some of them grabbed the microphone and thank the fans for all their support throughout all these years they had spent preparing for this tournament. It was a given this team hadn't form in just a mere year but it had taken them several years to adapt and understand each other's way of playing and capabilities inside the field. It hadn't been easy but in the end they had finally been able to reach their goals.

Syaoran celebrated around his teammates laughing and enjoying the moment. A moment without a doubt he would forever cherish in his heart as one of his dreams came true. After been patrolling the city for several hours the bus finally stopped at their hotel where they would be having a celebration according to what their coach had told them. His father had already taken care of planning everything to finish the night celebrating in the hotel.