Let The Games Begin

"There are two people you'll meet in your life. One will run a finger down the index of who you are and jump straight to the parts of you that peak their interest. The other will take his time reading through every one of your chapters and maybe fold corners of you that inspired them most. You will meet these two people; it is a given. It is the third person that you'll never see coming. That one person who not only finishes your sentences, but keeps the book." – Author Unknown

Chapter 16

And on to entertainment news Yuri, as of last night we still haven't received word from either Li Syaoran or Kinomoto Sakura regarding the rumors that are running around in the social media. According to an anonymous source, the couple has been involved romantically in the past. We still don't have many details on this as neither of them have confirmed or denied the rumors but a photo has been leaked through social networks and is currently running around the internet.

Meiling watched the news as a picture was presented and been given a close up on TV. It was a picture taken eight years ago where Sakura was hugging Syaoran from behind. They were both smiling as Syaoran proudly held a trophy on his hand. "That heinous bitch!"

"Meiling! Language!" Yelan loudly said in her living room.

Meiling grimaced before regretfully replying, "Sorry auntie."

What it's certain Yuri is that Ms. Kinomoto was indeed at Li's side a month ago when he suffered a serious injury that almost restrained him from playing this tournament. For those of you who are not too familiar with the business world, Ms. Kinomoto is one of the most acclaimed project managers Li Enterprises has and works very closely with the company's President Li Xian, who is also Li Syaoran's father. It has been previously said that these two had met through his father but this picture put those rumors to rest as it is confirmed that they at least met years before this year.

~ o ~

Sakura heard the news and took a deep breath. As of now, about fifty reporters were gathered around her apartment and after peeking through her office window apparently some of them had decided to invade the outside parts of the office building as well. The news of her being the only serious woman romantically linked to famous hot star soccer player Li peeked reporter's interest like crazy. But she wasn't worried for her safety. What concerned her more was Syaoran in all of this. She had talked to him last night and even though she tried to convince him that she was fine she could tell he was still worried before hanging up.

"You promised me I had nothing to worry about when it came to me being a distraction to you once again." She said.

"This is not about you being a distraction for me Sakura. Reporters can get a little aggressive when they want information that you're not willing to give them." he calmly explained.

"So you just want me to agree with everything?"

"That's not what I'm saying." He quickly said.

"Then what are you saying?"

He hesitated before answering, "Maybe you can consider staying at my parents for the rest of the tournament."

She scoffed. "That would be the same thing as agreeing with what they're saying."

"And what from what they're saying is not true Sak? We dated. For seven years you have been my only serious long-time relationship and right now we are dating again. Even if we haven't had our first date yet..."

A soft smile appeared on her face after hearing his comment. They were dating again. The words alone brought goose bumps through her hands and not from being afraid but from longing.