A New Beginning

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Card Captor Sakura. I sadly just own the plot although if the owner wishes to give me Syaoran as a gift I would take him in a heartbeat.

"You can't really begin to appreciate life until it has knocked you down a few times. You can't really begin to appreciate love until your heart has been broken. And you can't really begin to appreciate happiness until you've known sadness. Once you've walked through these valleys, the view from the mountain top is breathtaking." – Susan Gale

Chapter 2

Seven Years Later

"No, I want the ballroom primary colors to be red and white. I want the black luxury tablecloth for each table, and for the centerpiece I want the roses in form of a soccer ball inside the squared crystal vase you showed me in the picture. Make me a sample and let Suri know when you have it so I can see it before approving anything."

"Very well Ms. Kinomoto."

After hearing the answer from the woman on the other side of the line, she hanged up the phone and put a note on her Ipad. One more thing down of all the many she still had to do. Her coffee was already cold halfway down and forgotten on the corner of her glass desk while she shuffled through some other pages that were on her desk before filing them on the side drawer. She could still remember the day everything started to become so hectic for her.

2 years ago...

"Has your mother already spoken to you about this meeting?" A woman looking very professional in her black suit and matching pencil skirt walked along side Xiefa to the conference room. Her light brown hair had grown throughout the years and her wavy curls flowed all the way to her mid back. The sound of her heels could be heard throughout the hall and on her hand there was an Ipad where she kept everything related to her job.

"I already told you Sakura, I have no idea. You know how mom is..."

"Yes, well you know, something tells me you know what this meeting is about but for some reason you want to keep it from me."

Xiefa laughed. "Oh, nonsense! Why would I do that?"

Sakura stopped and watched her go inside the room. Something was off and she knew it.

During the years she had become really close with Xiefa. Aside from been workaholics, they both shared the same passion for working at Li Corporation. They were both perfectionist in what they did. This was the fourth year Xiefa had been working as a project manager inside the company, but in fact she was far more than that. She had become Yelan's eyes inside and outside of the company. You could say she took her family roots to heart as she had become sort of like Yelan's shadow in a good way. She watched step by step her mother's movements inside the company and was attentive of almost every matter concerning the company, which was why Sakura knew she was lying about not knowing what this meeting was all about.

'Oh well, I'll just have to find out.' Sakura thought before walking inside the room as well. The conference room was situated on the top floor at one of the corners. Two of its walls were made of glass while the other two faced the inside of the 53rd floor. When she walked inside there was a cherry wooden table in the middle with seven people seated on their seats waiting for the meeting to start. She took a seat right next to Xiefa, as usual, and took a deep breath to mentally prepare herself for whatever was coming.

Several minutes later, the doors closed, which only signaled that the last four people had arrived and the meeting could finally commence. After all the directors were seated, a power point presentation began on the huge conference LED TV and the blinds from the glass windows automatically scrolled down so that only the presentation could be seen.