The Meaning of Acceptance

"A good relationship is when two people accept each other's past, support each other's present, and love each other enough to encourage each other's future. So don't rush love. Find a partner who encourages you to grow, who won't cling to you, who will let you go out into the world and trust that you will come back. This is what true love is all about." - Brigitte

Chapter 15

Last night...

They had decided to take her car and drive back to her apartment. Since the tournament had officially started, there weren't many places they could go to talk peacefully so after careful consideration her apartment would have to do.

He pushed a small button in her car and an electric gate opened. The place looked a lot nicer than the one he had visited before. He passed a modern like fountain with the weirdest puzzle-like figure on the middle and kept going all the way to the back. Several turns later, Syaoran parked her car in front of an apartment he had never seen before. He couldn't see much of the color as it was pitch dark outside but from what he could make out a variety of bushes adorned the front of her apartment followed by small three step stairs that led to her door.

"I thought you lived at that other place I went to once." He said.

Sakura shook her head and opened her door. "That was Jun's apartment."

He nodded as he watched her getting out of the car. Sakura had been silent most of the drive back home. It was obvious there were a lot of things on her mind but he was glad she had finally agreed on giving him another chance. He got out of the car as well and closed the door before following her inside the apartment.

Yep, definitely this place was a lot nicer than Jun's apartment. It was entirely decorated in a modern way. On the left side from the door a built-in stone fireplace adorned the wall. A white sectional sofa was perfectly located with enough distance from it and a 55" TV was integrated in the other wall of the living room in front of the sofa. Built-in shelves decorated each side of the TV. On the left side a crystal frame with a picture he quite couldn't make out was placed while in the other shelve two small but different size black decorative jars adorned it. A big oval white jar with black swirl fine lines and a green plant adorned the corner of the room. A huge squared shaggy black rug stood in between the TV and the sofa. In the middle, a white round modern coffee table was set with a small green decorative ornament in the middle.

He looked towards his right and a dark brown wooden table was placed in the middle of the space in front of the kitchen. Farther from the table, squared glass windows served as wall on the far end of the dining room. On the corner a glass door gave entrance to a small rectangular pool which was lighted at night. He looked back towards the side of the table and noticed that just like the living room not even the tablecloths were out of place. They were all perfectly set in front of the seats. A white orchid adorned the middle of the table to compliment the entire modern look.

A light grayish marble floor covered the entire space from the dinning/kitchen to the entire living room. One set of stairs could be seen at the end of the living room which he assumed was probably where her bedroom was. He watched her place her keys in a wall near the kitchen before walking towards the stairs. Walking behind her, he followed her upstairs to her bedroom which was also different from what he expected.

Her bedroom was very spacious with marble floor as well. A huge crystal wall covered the opposite side of the door. In the middle of it a door gave access to a small balcony that connected to her room. Inside her room, a dark brown platform bed was placed with the matching set of two night tables at the side. The drawer was set in the wall facing the bed with a circled mirror. To the left was the door to her closet and right besides it the door to her bathroom.