Walking In Your Words

"Be patient when it seems things are not going right and may never be right again. Accept that what is yours will come to you in the right way at just the right moment." — Iyanla Vanzant

Chapter 5

Xian

"She was right, you know..." he softly said to his wife as he caressed her arm. It was two in the morning and he was lying in bed restless thanks to the events that had transpired last night in his house. His son's reaction after realizing what was happening with Sakura left no doubt on his mind that he still felt something for her. Even if Syaoran had learned how to mask his emotions he was still not good enough to masked them from his father. He had been watching the whole scene from a corner before deciding to step in.

Yelan turned to face him, "Who are you talking about love?"

"Sakura." He took a trend of hair out of her face and kept enjoying having her on his arms.

She loved the touch of his hands on her skin. With time she had learned that for him it was a gesture that spoke his emotions through it. When he was preoccupied he would touch her one way, when he wanted to be romantic he would touch her differently, but his caresses in the middle of the night only meant he was in a thoughtful mood. Right now, his lack of sleep and gentleness only told her there was something bothering him inside and he was still thinking on how to deal with it.

His light almost hazel auburn eyes were his greatest attribute for Yelan. She could easily drown herself in his lovable eyes. "About what?" she asked.

"Syaoran came into my office yesterday and asked to buy the soccer terrain. He wants to make improvements to it with the purpose of running his own league."

Yelan stood silenced for about a minute. She softly put her hand in his chest, "I thought we had agreed that he could stay playing soccer Xian. You promised."

"I didn't ask him Yelan, he came to buy it."

"And you think it's because of her?"

"I'm not saying it is."

She turned to look at the ceiling and think about this for a moment, "He's not meant for the office. We both know that. He has never in his life run anything, much less a business."

He smiled and put his arm around her to snuggle closer to her. "Do you think Xiefa is ready to take the office then?"

"We've been training her, haven't we?"

"Even if Sakura is not around?"

She surprisingly looked at him, "What are you getting at?"

He smiled sweetly at her and caressed her face, "Nothing. It's just a question." He gave her a quick kiss and closed his eyes signaling this conversation was over at least for tonight. He had no doubt his wife would try to get more information from him but she would probably do it subtly, in an indirect way. Her cunning ways made her even more lovable to him. It was like a game and he had just played his first card.

~ o ~

She couldn't sleep by Jun's side tonight. There were so many things bothering her she wouldn't even know where to start. His misplaced jealousy was something she hated dealing with. I mean, she knew she should have told him yet there was something that always held her back from doing so. Come to think about it... there was always something that held her back every time she had to talk about her past to anyone.

She walked slowly down the corridors of the large mansion. Red curtains adorned the end of the hallway with a half table set below the window. Visiting Xiefa throughout the years always made her wonder how Syaoran had spent his childhood in this house. She could clearly see why he spoke of it not too fondly as everything was so perfectly organized. Not that he was a disorganized person but a child growing up in these circumstances would never be able to enjoy his childhood to the fullest.