Where There Was Fire, Ashes Remain

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters from Card Captor Sakura. I sadly just own the plot although if the owner wishes to give me Syaoran as a gift I would take him in a heartbeat.

"Fall in love with someone who wants you, who waits for you, who understands you even in the madness; someone who helps you, and guides you, someone who is your support, your hope. Fall in love with someone who talks with you after a fight. Fall in love with someone who misses you and wants to be with you. Do not fall in love only with a body or with a face; or with the idea of being in love." - Unknown

Chapter 4

A small wooden porch like restaurant could be seen from the distance where she parked her car. Big letters on a sign read 'Asashi Restaurant' in front of it. 'I can't believe he picked a place forty five minutes away' she thought. As she had agreed to, she was at the restaurant at nine. She walked in through the doors and loved the interior design right away. Rustic wooden tables of different shapes were placed around the restaurant. Hanging red and white Chinese lamps adorned the ceiling while red and brown jars in the floor around the corners gave the feeling of calmness once you walked inside. She knew right away this wasn't your typical luxurious restaurant but more like a family oriented place to hang out and eat.

At the sound of the door, he looked towards it to find Sakura dressed in a knee length pencil black skirt style that reached all the way to her middle section with an emerald green silky blouse, a white coat covering her from the cold that reached all the way to her knee, and black pumps. He smiled at her. "Hey, you're on time!"

She noticed that, out of pure coincidence, Syaoran was the only one there to greet her on time. Contrary to her modern style attire, he was dressed in a very sporty casual way wearing a long black sleeve shirt with jeans on and a red baseball cap which was hard to miss. She was about to say something when the waiter came in, "Your table is ready sir."

Syaoran nodded. He had already asked for their table when he came in. "Come on."

She nodded and followed him. The waiter took them all the way through the inside of the restaurant till he opened a door that led to the back. The small space had a balcony look with two wooden tables to seat six people on the right side and four tables to seat couples throughout the middle which could also be used to seat four people if the tables were joined together. The glass walls protected them from the outside cold air while giving them a still traditional balcony look with an amazing view of the mountains.

The waiter sat them on the farthest table from the door far on the corner which was a little separated from the rest of the tables and where they could appreciate the mountain scenery through the glass. They took a seat as they waited on the rest of their friends to arrive.

"May I bring you something to drink?" the waiter offered.

"Two mimosas okay with you?" he asked her. After she nodded, the waiter left with their orders. "You could've brought Tails with you, if you wanted..." he said while taking the chair in front of her.

Even though he was trying to hide it, she heard the amusement behind his words. She kept her cool collected calm face on before answering, "I've heard you've become quite the player these past couple of years."

"I've been playing for a while, in case you haven't noticed. Will be the best after this summer..."

She rolled her eyes at him, "I meant with women."

He smirked, "Well, to find someone that's honest it's a little hard for me."

She acted all surprised and asked, "Are you even trying to look for honesty in a woman? I don't think a couple of hours is enough to tell."