Confined Feelings

"Sometimes the bad things that happen in our lives put us directly on the path to the best things that will ever happen to us." – Brigitte

Chapter 13

She had read not too long ago that many things could influence an athlete's career. Having a relationship was one of them. She wasn't too certain when it had started for him, but she knew quite well when it had started for her. The silence was soothing as she had arrived early in the morning to her office and reflected on everything that had transpired since that night. For a moment she had tasted passion behind his kiss, later she felt a regretful feeling and a restless night that was followed by a painful morning. His kiss had been her downfall that night and her words had been her undoing. She was conscious everything had been her fault but she had never expected it to hurt this way.

~ o ~

Sleepless... Once again the night had been restless for him. He hadn't been able to shut an eye at all after Sakura's answer. He sat down on his bed and putting his hands on his knees sighed. He got up and walked all the way to his door but didn't find the strength to turn the door knob.

"Let me go. Going our separate ways is what's best for both of us Syaoran."

Let her go? How could she say that? Focus on his recuperation... how could she ask this of him when all he could think of was her? He reclined his forehead against the door and sighed again. He needed to think about this. Going after her right now would only push her away. He needed to find a way of turning her mind around. After that kiss two days ago there was no doubt in his mind... she still had feelings for him.

As a soccer player he was used to analyzing the plays to counterattack an opponent. In this case, he needed to find the drive behind her game play to be able to turn her game against her.  He just needed to know what the real reason behind her decision was.

'Let her go...' He turned around and walked back to his bed. He lay back in his bed and thought about the morning after the kiss. Anger had never been a good companion to him and that morning had not been any different.

Two days ago...

She tossed and tossed around her bed without been able to sleep the entire night. That kiss had done it for her. His kisses had always been her weakness. He had laid his trap and she had easily fallen into it.

"You wouldn't have let me kiss you if you were still with him."

Her relationship with Jun had been the only thing holding him back from trying to go after her before. She had suspected this since the very first day she had seen him once again. All her steps had been falling into place till that kiss happened last night. Now, not only was he aware that she had broken up with Jun, but he also knew she still had feelings for him. She was certain he wouldn't stop going after her now. And to be perfectly honest, she wasn't too sure she would be able to keep him away for too long either. In fact, after last night's kiss she wasn't even sure she wanted to. Even his kisses were better than she remembered, how was she supposed to keep him focused now? How was SHE supposed to focus?

She got up from her bed and prepared to go to work. Although the sun wasn't out yet, today would be a good day to go early into her office. She needed to think. She agreed on checking up on him as usual before his morning rehab. It had already become a routine even if after last night their relationship could turn a little awkward.

As she walked through the hallway towards his room, she heard laughter coming from it. She slowly opened the door to find Katherine laughing at something he had just whispered to her ear. Anger rose to her mind as she confidently finished opening the door to reveal her presence. She first looked sternly at Katherine before turning her sight towards him. "What is she doing here?" she asked, her obvious distaste for the woman evident in her tone.