Epiphany

"Epiphany – intuitive insight into the reality or essential meaning of something, usually initiated by some simple commonplace occurrence or experience." – Word of the Day

Chapter 8

The sun shined through Syaoran's window on a Sunday morning. Looking at the time, he quickly got out of bed to get ready for training. Last night he had come in late but that was no excuse to not exercising in the morning as planned. He put his sweats along with his running shoes and a t-shirt on before walking out of his room. Although he had agreed on taking vacations it was very important to stay in shape according to him and now more than ever since the tournament was so near. He began to put his music gear on when he found Sakura in the kitchen. She had her back towards him as he saw her battering eggs to make breakfast. He was still pissed off because of last night but even if he wanted to ignore her he never could. He put on hold his plan of going running for a second and instead reclined himself from the fridge. "Why didn't you tell me she was dating Xiun?" he casually asked.

She quickly turned around startled at the sudden sound of his voice and sighed, "aish... you scared me! Good morning to you too!" she said as an afterthought before continuing what she was doing.

"I'm not in the mood for good mornings."

She kept doing what she was doing and calmly said, "And then you ask why I didn't tell you." She mixed the eggs with some ham and started battering the mix again like she had done before.

"What is that supposed to mean?" He asked.

She tiredly sighed but kept preparing her breakfast normally while talking to him. "Look at you right now. You're acting like a demented overprotective brother only because you found out your sister is dating one of your teammates."

He crossed his hands and said, "He's not good enough for her Sakura!"

She nodded and sarcastically said, "Oh, according to you... because you are the best person at knowing what's best for your sister, right?" She put the pan over the stove and turned the stove on at medium heating level. She turned around and found Syaoran reclined on the fridge. "Excuse me."

He looked at her and after a couple of seconds moved.

She took out the butter from the fridge and turned around towards the stove again.

He bitterly looked at her while trying to explain his point. "Sakura! The guy is not even smart. He's lazy, doesn't like working... You're going to tell me a guy like that it's what's best for my sister?"

She scoffed and turned around not believing what she had just heard and curiously looked at him before narrowing her eyes at him. "Let me guess... And all of this you've deducted from the way he plays? You're basing his character on his ability to play on the field? I'm sorry Syaoran but your arguments are not even valid."

"He could even be after her because of her money."

Sakura easily dismissed his comment by rolling her eyes and taking a deep breath before saying, "You're wrong! He is smart! You don't know him."

"If he would've been smart he wouldn't have dare go out with her in the first place." He said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Oh please Syaoran... he is smart and I'm sure there's a difference between doesn't like to work and doesn't like working out like you."

He stared at her. He ran through that last comment she said before asking, "How long have they been going out?"

She smiled and shook her head, a signal that she wasn't going to answer his question and instead told him, "I suggest you stop working out so much and take time to know your teammates outside of the field as well."