PROLOGUE

''Goodbye class! take care!''

I smiled big as I watched my students being picked up by their parents and nanny. As I adjusted the chairs, one of my students pulled up the hem of my dress.

It's Aira.

I smile at her.

''Yes little girl?'' I asked.

I knelt down in front of her so that we would be evenly same height and so that she would not have any difficulty looking up to me.

''My mommy is not here yet, can i stay here, teacher?'' She asked.

''Ofcourse baby, Teacher will just fix her things muna ah, sit there first'' She nodded.

I first cleaned the room left by my students. Lots of crumpled paper and their towels were scattered, even the pencils were on the floor. The room must always be clean because the children are prone to illness so I make sure that before I go home everything is clean and I also make sure that all my students get home safely with their parents or even nannies.

We have been waiting here for a few hours in the room but one of my students still did not pick up by her guardian so I decided of texting her parents.

To: Mrs. Einn

Good noon ma'am. Can I ask what time you will pick up your daughter?

Just in a few minutes, she replied.

From: Mrs. Einn

Oh god I forgot! I was busy so.. can I ask a favor, ma'am?

To: Mrs. Einn

Anything,

From: Mrs. Einn

It's embarrassing but can you please take my child?

To: Mrs. Einn

No problem ma'am..

She replied thank you and that's the end of our conversation. This is not the first time I will take Aira home because her mommy is always busy, I understand because being a single parent is not easy.

''Come on Aira, I will take you home'' She smile weakly as she stand up and take my hand.

''She's busy again..'' She whispered.

''Don't be sad baby, teacher is always here to take care of my baby Aira'' I pinched her cheeks causes for her to smile.

''Thank you mama'' She showered me by her kisses.

''Mama?'' I asked, smiling.

''Is it bawal po ba to call my teacher 'mama'?'' I immediately shake my head as I saw a tears forming to her innocent eyes.

''No. I.. I mean ahm. Fine. I am your 'mama' for now'' I smiled at her.

''Wow! let's go mama, take me to my mommy!'' She giggled.

Nasa kalagitnaan kami ng byahe at ramdam na ramdam ko ang lungkot ng bata sa gilid ko. I know it is difficult to have an incomplete family because even though I have experienced it but Aira's situation is not easy, she is too young to feel the lack of love of a happy and complete family, she's too innocent to face the cruel society.