CHAPTER 17

"How will that happen?! I just finished my period last week!" I shouted at the Doctor. "No, It cannot happen. No!"

Ace held my hand and I can feel his hands shaking too like mine. A tears starts to form in my eyes because of the Doctor's said.

"Calm down, Babe" He caressed my back but I can't calm, I just can't.

"Maybe the blood you think comes out of you is your monthly period but you are mistaken, that is what we called spotting, this is normal especially for pregnant women like you" The Doctor said again. "There is nothing to worry--"

"I want to abort this child!" I shouted and being hysterical.

"Babe, no!" Ace yelled.

"I am the mother! I will make my own decision for this baby!" I bowled. "I will abort this! mag aaral pa'ko, Ace!"

"I am the father! You can't make your own fucking decision!"

"And so?! Ikaw ba ang magdadala ng bata?! Hindi naman 'diba!" My tears starts to fall when those words came to me. I-i don't like this. "Please, let me abort this baby, Dad will kill me when he found out I'm pregnant" It's all my fault, if I listen to Ace to not to fucking fuck! this will never happen.

"Listen, young lady" The Doctor said and looking straight into my eyes. "I am also a mother, I understand you want to study but do you think that when you achieve your dream you will be happy especially in exchange for reaching it is your child's life?" She took a small steps towards me. "Are you really afraid of your father? or are you afraid of being judged by people because of early pregnancy?"

"You can't understand my situation!" I said. "You don't know how it feels when people's judging you not by words but their glares. I am afraid of being judged because of early pregnancy, who likes this? wala! The world is no longer fair, they just see that you are in uniform and pregnant you will immediately be judged that you are a low class woman. I was scared, I was so scared."

Ace remained silent and just sat next to me and tried to calm me down. We were both shocked by this unexpected news. So that's the reason why the color of the blood that comes out of me is weird, that's why I get tired and dizzy quickly because I'm carrying a baby in my womb for a month! and I have no idea about it.

"You made you pregnant and now that it is bearing fruit you will kill your own child? what kind of mother do you think you are? You cannot be called a mother by what you are planing to do, you should be called a murderer." She has empty reaction while lecturing me. "Kung ipalalaglag mo ang anak mo ay matatawag ka bang ina na may pinag-aralan? mabuti pa ang nga hayop mawala lang sandali ang mga supling nila ay agad nang hahanapin samantalang ikaw, tayo na tao ay tayo pa ang gumagawa ng paraan upang hindi masilayan ng ating mga anak ang magandang mundo na yayakap sa kanila habang sila ay lumalaki at nagkakaisip"

"How do you say all this stuff? you are not the one in my situation" I asked and wiped my tears.

'I am also a woman who has experienced what you are going through now! I am also a woman who got pregnant early but you know the more painful?" She's now letting her tears to fall. "I aborted my son. Do you see the happiness on my face? in my eyes? isn't it? I have been successful in life but am I happy?! but because of my conscience is bothering me why I killed my own son, bakit hindi ko siya pinagkaitan ng pag asang imulat ng mga mata niya sa mundong kinagisnan ng kaniyang ina"

I was just stunned and tears welled up in my eyes. I did not expect that the Doctor I shouted at was also the one who experienced this I was experiencing. Napakasama kong tao, napakasama kong ina to think of aborting a naive baby in my womb.