Chapter 8: Make it right

Cato's POV

It's been a few days since I dumped Cashmere. I still sit with them, since I don't know where else I'd sit. All Cash does is glare at me and roll her eyes at me. Ugh. I don't really know why Clove is still mad at me though. I dumped Cashmere, I apologized, I said I was wrong. Huh, whats missing? 
"You forgot to ask what you can do to fix it." my big sister, Kalsie says, as if it was obvious she's wearing a blood red crop top, and black ripped jean shorts. An apple sits in her hand. 
"I said that out loud?" she nods "How much of that did I say?" she tosses her brunette hair over her shoulder and leans into the wall. 
"Just the part about how you don't know why Cove? Clive? Oooh! I remember, Clove! Is mad at you and how your so clueless"
"Hey! I'm not clueless!" I protest
"You clearly are if you needed me to answer your question." She crunches on her apple and walks out of the door. I roll my eyes and realize that Kalsie is right, yeah, I made it right for Clove, but thats why she's still mad. I never made it right for the other people Cashmere hurt while I stood there. I think about all the people Cashmere's hurt. I get out a piece of paper and a pen. I start to remember who.

After a long time, I think I've written every person's name on the list. Tomorrow, I will apologize to each and every person Cashmere has hurt.

The next day

First on the list is a girl named Pacifica. She's in my third period. Before class, I walk up to her desk. 
"Pacifica" she looks up. 
"Oh, hi Cato..." she says quietly.
"I'm sorry." I say awkwardly. I hate letting people see the soft side of me. Few have seen it. This is whats going to make this so hard. But this is for Clove, and I must do what I can to make it right.
"I'm sorry for just standing there and witnessing it when Cashmere hurt you" I cringe, but I feel a weight lifted off of my chest. Pacifica smiles.
"Thank you." I nod and Mr. Abernathy slurs
"In your seats!" I take my seat feeling closer to success. 

Throughout the day I apologize to everyone I see that are on my list. I text the apology to everyone I don't see, by the end of the day, I feel like I'm weightless. 

Clove's POV

Everyone seems like their in a good mood today. I notice Cato going around talking to people he hasn't talked to in years. Hm. By the time I get home, an unfamiliar car is there. Cato's sitting on the steps of my house. I stand in front of him. He's apologized to me, but not to anyone else. I'm not ready to forgive him. I probably won't forgive him until he apologizes to everyone else. 
"Clove" He stands up.
"Cato." I say.
"I want you to know that I said sorry to everyone today. Texted it to everyone I didn't see."
"You did?" Cato smiles and nods. I sit on the steps and Cato sits next to me.
"Thank you" He looks down on me and says
"Have I made it right?" I nod. Suddenly he turns my head so its facing towards his. He kisses me ever so softly. Cato's softened eyes open, and raises his eyebrows. I lean into him and our eyes close again. 

Cato hugs me tightly. 
"Are you sad about Cashmere?" I ask him
"No." he answers firmly. "Honestly, it was a relief to get away from her. She was so clingy." I laugh.
"How do you know I won't be clingy?"
"If you are, you'd be clingy in a cute way. Cashmere was an annoying clingy" I giggle
"So your saying that Cashmere was annoying and that I'm cute?" 
"Precisely." Our lips just barely touch when my stepdad, Castor walks up.
"Errr..." he says awkwardly. My face turns beet red.
"Sorry, Castor." He laughs
"No, no, it's my fault. But I wanted to remind you that you'r uncle Pollux is coming tomorrow." I roll my eyes. Castor acts like we're actually friends and that I like him. I tolerate him.
But the only reason I do is because he makes my mom happy, but it feels like he's trying to turn into my dad. Dad was the best. My parents separated 4 years ago. Dad passed away from leukemia 8 months ago. Ever since then Castor's been trying to be my dad.
"Step uncle." I try to say it nicely, but it still comes out like a snarl.
"What's the difference?" He asks
"He's not blood related and he's not my real uncle." he frowns. He walks inside
"Ugh, at least he hasn't started to punish me." I say
"What do you mean?" Cato replies
"Castor. He acts like he's my dad. You heard him" Cato nods.
"Nobody'll replace your dad. He was awesome." I nod.

Haiiii this chapter honestly killed me, I'm fine with like mushy stuff, but writing it PAINS me. Anyway, hoped you liked this, byeeeeeeeee
-Elley