Chapter 13: The Rumor

Cato's POV

The door swings open and Clove and I bolt up.
"Woahhhhhh what the- Cato, what did you do?" Kalsie looks astonished 
"Kalsie, is Cato is trouble?" Clarie asks her
"Yes. Very much yes. Your lucky mom and dad are visiting the Capitol. Woah, Clove?" Kalsie says, looking over at Clover.
"Yeah" She says
"Haven't seen you in years, now what the hell happened here?" 
"That bitch Glimmer and her asshole friends." Clove says
"Clove, could you do us a favor and not cuss in front of our 6 year old sister?" Kalsie lectures. 
"Oh, sorry." my sister gives her a nod.
"Lets start cleaning" 

Clove's POV

It takes a while, but eventually we get Cato's huge house looking the way it used to. I check my phone, several texts from both my mom and Castor. 
"I should head home, see you at school" 
"Want me to drive you?" 
"Cato, its 4 blocks" I laugh.
"Then we can walk together."
"Cato, you don't have to. I can walk 4 blocks without getting killed." I get my coat and leave the Hadley's house. I walk up to my house and Castor comes running out.
"Clove! We've been worried sick! Where have you been?" He takes me into an embrace and I shove him off.
"Cato's. Where's my mom?" 
"She's on a flight."
"Wow, worried sick but won't even cancel a flight or two to find me." 
"Clove, she-" I roll my eyes and go up to my room walking past my step-uncle, Pollux.
"Clove! It's so nice to me-" 
"Shut it, Pollux." I snap. 
"Well I never!" He says
"Well I do" I stomp upstairs. I hate it here. The door slams shut behind me and I hear my Uncle Pollux ranting to Castor about how rude I was.
"She's just frustrated..." I hear Castor say before I burry my head into my pillow. 

Glimmer's POV

The next school day I wear a white cropped sweatshirt and a tight black skirt. During lunch Clove and Cato give me glares so powerful I thought they would gouge my eyes out. Huh, I know I sorta ruined the vibe for Cato and Clove, but I was just trying to lighten up the mood. 

Cashmere's POV

I wake up in a haze still find Cordon sleeping next to me. 
"Cordon!" I hiss. He jumps up.
"What!" 
"You have to get out before Gloss comes home!" I sit up, careful to keep the blanket over my chest. 
"Awe, Gloss won't care" He smirks
"Get! Out!" He gets dressed is out the door in 10 minutes. I sigh and get up, ready for the day. I glance over at the clock, it reads 8:48 am. Great. I've missed first period. I get dressed and realize that Gloss must be at school. 
I get to second period when the clock reads 9:36am. 
"Ms. Cashmere?" I cringe and turn around so I'm face to face with Mr. Boggs.
"Sorry, I uh..."
"Looks like someone had a busy night" I hear someone snicker. I turn around and see that its Delly. Ugh, what a bitch. 
"Take a seat, Ms. Cashmere." I take my seat next to Delly. 

I contemplate slapping Delly's fucked up face, but I know that would only cause problems for me, I could start a rumor about her, but what would it be about? 

I know what Ms. Delly Cartwright won't stay in Panem High for long. She might as well go to 12 High. Is that what its called? I have no clue. During lunch I turn to Lucip and murmur 
"Ya know, after Delly left my house at the party last Friday, she got pulled over by a cop-" 
"So? You get pulled over all the time!" Lucip says loudly
"Thats not the point! Now let me continue. Anyway, she got pulled over by a cop, flirted her way out an' slept with him. Well guess what I just found out! That cop was Mrs. Mags's son!" Lucip's eyes widen. 
"Holy shi-" Someone clears their throat behind us, we turn around to see Mrs. Mags herself.
"Ms. Lucip Grota, language! You are at school!" we immediately start talking about something else until she goes away.
"Holy shit, isn't her son like work in Capitol Middle School?"
"I think he's at the security department in the Capitol school district, part time or sum'" I reply.
"Wow." 

"Hey Cash! Did ya hear that Delly slept with Mrs. Mags son?" Lucip tells me excitedly. 
"Yes, you idiot. I was the one that told you" 
"Oh" Suddenly the overhead speakers turn on and say

Delly Cartwright, please report to the front office, Delly Cartwright, please report to the front office. Thank you.

I open my mouth in a smile, she's just down the hall, she gives me a death glare and I close my mouth and smile, wave my hand, and say 
"Who's the slut now?" everybody around me snickers. 

Delly's POV

"Why have you been telling people you slept with her son?" Vice Principal Coin demands. She's talking about Mrs. Mags' son.
"I-I haven't! Cashmere, she-"
"Don't try and pin this on Cashmere, you'll be suspended until the situation dies down." She interrupts. 
"How long is that supposed to take? And I didn't sleep with anyone!" I protest
"This is our final decision, next time, think of the consequences doing something like this can cause." I open my mouth to argue when a thought pops in my head
"Wait, are you going to tell my parents?" my stomach churns as she replies
"I had no choice."
"But! But I didn't do anything!" I plead. Just as Vice Principal Coin begins her next lecture, the door swings open to my mom and dad standing there. Mom looks furious. Dad stands, there, but I'm sure he's just as mad. 
"Mr and Mrs. Cartwright, thank you for coming on such short notice, I will be notifying you once the situation dies down."
"Alright, thank you Vice Principal Coin" mom says through gritted teeth. 

We get in the car and almost as soon as I close the door, my mom's voice fills the atmosphere with shouts. I've only seen her like this a handful of times. She's usually a very kind and calm person. 
"... I thought we agreed to get married before..." 

2 years ago
"Delly, your father and I would like to talk to you" I nod and sit down across from them.
"So honey, I know you've probably had the talk before, at school, but your father and I only want whats best for you"
"We'd like you to wait until your married"  my dad says. I stiffen
"Ooook... I mean I'm in highschool... I think I'd want to wait at least past highschool, mom" mom smiles.
"Thats my girl" Dad whispers as he brings my mom and I into a hug.

"Mom!" I exclaim.