Chapter 9: We wouldn't be here!

Madge's POV

Beep beep beep I smack the alarm and it turns off. I stay lying down for a few minutes. I sigh and I swing my legs out of the bed. I sit there and call to my still sleeping sister
"Angelisha!" I yell "School!"
"Shut. Up!" she groans. I roll my eyes and snatch the blanket from her and she immediately curls into a ball, cold. 
"Give it back!"
"Get up!" I argue. Whatever. I go to the bathroom and take a shower, brush my teeth and blow dry my hair. I go to check if Angelisha is up yet.
"Angelisha! Your late! If you don't get up now then I'm not driving you." Angelisha springs up. Every time I say that, she listens, she never got her drivers license cause she hit some stop sign. Plus she hates driving. I rarely use the threat, though. I get dressed, an ivory, oversized sweater with a braid pattern on it, navy blue leggings, some nike shoes and put my hair in a messy braid so it semi-matches with my sweater. I think about being bold and wearing some of my sister's hoops. But I decide against it. 
"Angelisha, what do you want for breakfast?" I call to her before I go down the stairs. 
"If we were at a restraunt, I'd say sausage, egg, and french toast, but I highly doubt your capable of making those, and even if you were, you wouldn't. So I'll take an oatmeal." Ugh, shes so extra. I glace at the time, 6:15, I have time to make what Angelisha wanted, so I guess I will. I fry the sausages in one pan, while I crack the eggs into another pan, keeping a close eye on the sausages. I quickly add the cinnamon, nutmeg, milk, sugar, butter and vanilla extract into the egg. I roll the sausages onto their other side and take the eggs out. Dipping the bread slices into the egg mixture, I hear Angelisha coming down the stairs. Plop, sizzle the sound me dropping the french toast into the pan perks Angelisha.
"You actually made what I wanted." 
"Yeah. Don't grab your plate yet. I have to add the french toast." I finish up frying the french toast and place it on the plates nicely, adding a little bit of powdered sugar on top and some maple syrup on the side. Angelisha grabs her plate using her hands, grabs the french toast and takes a big bite.
"Not enough cinnamon" She tells me
"Next time you make it, then. Hurry up, get in the car, I'm going" I say. She finishes up breakfast and grabs her stuff.
We arrive at school and Angelisha heads towards a different direction than me.
"Where are you going? We have that Panem High retreat thing in the gym"
"Shut up! I can't be seen with a loser like you!" she whisper-shouts at me. "And I know! I'm going to meet up with Zarach first." I shudder, Zarach is Angelisha's boyfriend. 
"Your boyfriend's such a player. He cheated on Glimmer when they were together." 
"Whatever." She walks away and finds his locker. I find my way to the gym and take a random seat near the back, Gloss comes up to me, uh oh
"Get out of my seat!" he yells. I stand up quickly and he shoves me behind him, taking his seat, I find a place in the front. 
"Hello, hello! As you all know, I'm Ms. Effie Trinket!" Ms. Trinket, says.
"Today is the Panem High bonding and kindness retreat! For half of you, this will be your first one, for the other half, this will be your second and last, as it happens everyone 2 years. As you know, we have been observing your friendships in the cafeteria, and we've put you in hand-picked groups in hopes you will bond with the people we've picked you with. Here are your groups, this year, they are larger, as more people have joined our wonderful community! Each grade's groups will be posted now."

It takes a while for me to find my name, and when I see my group my heart sinks.

Purple group
Katniss Everdeen
Johanna Mason
Gale Hawthrone 
Gloss Rwoke
Thresh Orasoki
Peeta Mellark
Marvel Atan
Madge Undersee
Glimmer Stone
Clove Kentwell
Cashmere Rwoke
Finnick Odair
Cato Hadley
Annie Cresta

Clove's POV

Great, how lucky of me to end up with my ex-besties and my boyfriend's ex. Cato asked me to be his girlfriend while taking me to the knife shop. He's already there, standing with his arms crossed. I walk up next to him and he takes me in his arms and kisses my forehead. Cashmere, who already standing there, is glaring at us. But it only makes me snicker. Katniss and Gale walk up together, holding hands. Huh, I always thought she and Peeta would eventually start going out. I guess not. Everyone gets to their groups and Ms. Effie says
"Look at your schedules, everyone has the same events, but in different orders!" she says. I walk over to the sheet on the wall and read 
"Potato sack racing" Ugh, this isn't field day, Effie.
"Ew! I'm not wearing a sack! It totally clashes with my outfit, not to mention how it'll ruin it!" Cashmere rants. Everyone is surprised with Glimmer snaps
"Oh, shut up, Cashmere, your so annoying" 
"Excuse me?" She asks
"You heard me."

Cashmere's POV

I don't care, I don't care! I'm going to tell her, even if Gloss hates me, which he practically does anyway.
"Shut up, this is so stupid!" I turn to Gloss, knowing that everyone else will hear me. "You, are so stupid! If you hadn't had the idea of ripping them apart we wouldn't be here!"