six.

Maleah Brooks
3 weeks later..

Missing You...

" Walk me through that day." Dr. Avery said. Lately I've been having flashbacks of the day my dad was killed and I haven't been myself, so Sierra suggested I go to a therapist.

" Um so that day my sister , Icyss was sick so my dad only had to pick me up from school that day. My older brother was in high school at the time so my dad got him first and then me.

I asked my dad could we get ice cream and he said yes. I only liked one specific ice cream shop and it was like 30 minutes from where we lived. Once we made it to the ice cream shop , we did the usual get the ice cream and then he sent me back to the car with my brother while he talked to somebody. I remember looking from the car and it looked like he was arguing with the person , but I couldn't really tell from the angle.

He finally came back to the car and we went back on our way home. We pulled up to a red light and th- tha." I said before I felt tears fall down my face.

" Take your time." Dr. Avery coached.

" Um that's when I saw the glass shatter and my brother he just yelled very loud. Th- The car next to ours pulled off, but the light was still red. When I looked in the front seat my dad's shi- shirt it was red and he wasn't moving. I remember me and my brother were trying to shake him, but he wasn't moving. My brother tried to steer the car from the middle of the road , because people were honking at us. Once we finally got to the side of the road my brother called the ambulance and I just held my dad's hand. He looked up at me and he said ' I love you and your siblings so much' and then his eyes closed again. By the time the ambulance made it my d- dad was already gone since he took 3 direct shots to the chest. " I finished grabbing a tissue and wiping my face.

" How was life after your fathers death ?" she asked.

" My mom she was really depressed and I remember she turned to drinking and me and my siblings had to live with my grandmother for 2 years while my mother got herself together. My brother didn't talk to anyone for at least 6 months , and my two sisters they were in pain but not as much as me and my brother , because we actually saw it. I wouldn't talk to anyone, especially not my brother because it would remind me of what happened." I said letting out a sigh.

" How are you feeling now?"she asked.

" I was feeling better until a few nights ago when I started getting my flashbacks back. I'm starting to feel like how I did back then , but th- this time I'm trying to do better with communications, but it it's so hard because I just want to be left alone." I replied.

later...

from benjii 💘: you hungry ?

: no

from benjii💘: too bad im coming to get you now

I just got back from my session and all I wanted to do was be left alone, but I knew Benji wasn't going to leave me alone unless he knew for sure I ate.

While I waited I decided to call my mom. Lately she's been heavy on my mind and I really felt like I needed to talk to her.

After about 3 rings, the phone picked up.

" Hello, Brooks household." Icyss answered.

"Hey Ice it's Leah. Can I talk to mommy please?" I said, voice trembling. Once I said that the phone immediately hung up.

I then realized that I called the house phone so I tried my moms cellphone and it half rung and then hung up.

I immediately bursted into tears. I just wanted to talk to my mama, I know I'm the one who left but I needed her. And I realized it was kind of a mistake by leaving and telling her not to look for me but I need her.