fourty three.

Maleah Brewster
one week later

It Wasn't You..

It's been a week since the day I was at my brothers house and our relationship has been getting stronger. Lani and Royal had a sleepover the other night. Moving back was actually different than I expected. I honestly couldn't be happier with life right now.

Today me and Benji are having lunch with my mom. She insisted that she meet her only son in law. Plus she wanted us to talk somethings out.

" You ready ?" Benji asked.

" Yea let's go." I said.

His mom was over to watch the kids.

" Bye princess." I said, hugging her.

" Where you going ?" she asked.

" Me and daddy are going to lunch with grammy. You remember her ?" I said.

" Yes. Why can't I come I want to see her." she said. Ever since Lani saw my mom she's been wanting to see her again and talk to her.

" Next time. I pinky promise." I said, holding out my pinky out.

" I love you mommy." she said.

" I love you too princess." I said.

I kissed Kapree goodbye and we walked out of the door.

" Damn baby you look sexy." Benji said, opening the door for me.

" Benji we still have a week left." I said.

" I do not remember us having to wait this long the last time." he said.

The whole car ride we talked about random stuff until we got to the restaurant.

" Omg this was my favorite restaurant growing up." I said, looking at the outside.

" I hope it's good." Benji said.

As soon as we walked in I spotted my mom.

" You ready ?" I asked Benji.

" Moms love me." he said confidently.

" Hi mom." I hugged her.

" Mom this is my husband Benji, Benji this is my mom Shayla Brooks." I introduced.

" Nice to meet you Mrs." Benji said, before my mom cut him off.

" Call me Mama Brooks." she said.

" Well it is nice to finally meet you Mama Brooks." he said, hugging her.

" It's nice to meet you as well." she hugged back.

" Thank you for taking care of my baby girl out there." she said as we sat down.

" It was nothing. You raised an amazing daughter." he responded.

" I can't take that credit. That was all her brother, I was barely even there." my mom said.

" Before we start talking about anything I want to apologize from the bottom of my heart. The way I let your sisters treat you last time you were here. I'm also sorry for not keeping contact with you. As your mother I should've tried to keep better contact and I am so sorry for not" she said.

" They're grown women you can't control what they do or say anymore." I responded.

" I know I can't. Honestly I feel like I failed you as a mother. When you lost your father it probably felt like you lost you mother as well." she said.