twenty one.

Benjamin Brewster
2 weeks later..

Healing..

" Maleah why are you crying ?" I asked walking into Lani's room.

" I don't know." she said wiping her face.

" Leah talk to me." I said sitting next to her.

" I-I don't know it's just I missed two years of my baby's life, TWO. And it's just I don't want her to have to go through what I just went through. I don't even completely feel like myself. Then I feel like it's not fair to you , because you've already had to parent Lani on your own and now you have to take care of both of us." she cried.

"Benji if you want to leave me I understand." she said.

" Ma, I love you with everything in me. You and Lani are my world, so if I have to take care of both of you then I will. Leah I don't know how it feels , but I'm going to help you through it whether I have to sign you up for therapy or something. Maleah I love you always remember that, you will never feel like burden to me." I said kissing her cheek.

I truly meant everything I said. Even while Leah was gone having sex with another girl or even entertaining one never crossed my mind.

"I-I'm sorry baby, it's just ever since I was younger I always felt like I was a burden to people. Thank you for being here for me, I love you." she said.

" You don't have to apologize Ma. Now come on so you can lay down." I said, carrying her out of the room.

later..

"I'm ready to talk." Sierra said.

Since Sierra had so many surgeries she won't be able to do anything by herself so she's staying with us.

" I think so too." Leah said.

" Take y'all time." my grandma said rubbing Sierra's shoulder.

" Ok, so I guess I'll go first. So all of you guys no my dad died. So before he dies apparently he was a well known drug dealer in Texas. Someone had a big hit on him,so he faked his death. My father was never dead he just moved to Georgia." she said.

" And t-that's where my part comes in. Apparently when he moved to Georgia he changed his identity and became friends with my father. The two of them ran all of souther Georgia. Once I reached middle school my dad was ready to leave the drug business , so he had to find somebody to pass it down to. My dad wanted both of them to get out of the game , but he wanted to stay because he didn't have a family. My dad gave it to one of his other friends and he was not happy about that." Leah said.

" S-So the day at the ice cream shop, th-that was him h-he killed my dad and his friend." she said before leaning her head into my chest and sobbing.

" It's ok baby he's gone, I gotchu." I said rubin her back.

" S-So I guess i'll take back over. Y'all remember my friend Oli, right ?" she asked and we all nodded our heads.

" Oli was his inside eyes on me at first then on both of us. The night that Benji took Leah on a date , earlier that day Oli was supposed to kidnap Leah, b-but she got away. So Black, that's what they call him, he killed Oli because he couldn't get the job done. After he killed Oli he had people watching me and Leah from a far. The night we went to the club, I was going to the bathroom and he snatched me up once Leah went to check on me they had successfully gotten both of us. He shipped us to the warehouse and then th." she was cut off by Leah.

" I'm sorry ,but can I be excused?" Leah asked.

" It's ok." my mom responded and I carried her up the stairs. Since she just had surgery she still couldn't walk without her crutches and it was hard to do going up the stairs.

" Can you bring Lani in here , please. I want to nap with her." Leah pouted.

I left out of our room and grabbed Lani out of her bed.

" You need me to stay up here ?" I asked.

" No go ahead, I'll be fine." Leah waved me off.

" That's when he told us about all the things he did. So he showed us to this room a-and it was cold and silent and he chained us to the beds. The next day he showed us to a room and he made us change to take pictures for instagram, so y'all could know that we were still alive."I heard as I came down the stairs.

later..

" I think we should get them in some type of therapy." my grandma suggested.

" How about once a week we try to take them out and have some fun with them. It doesn't even really have to be going out , just going to get our hair , toes, or even just lunch." my mom suggested.

" The only problem is when Leah is up all she wants to do is be with Lani. If she could ,she would live in her body, the two of them are connected at the hip." I responded. The day Lani saw Leah she never wanted to leave her side.

" I think we should put Lani in therapy too." my mom suggested.

" I'll talk to Leah about it." I responded.

" Well we'll be back to check on you guys tomorrow. Benjamin make sure to take care of yourself as well. You will run yourself raggedy like that, so please make sure to take of yourself." my grandma said as they walked out of the house.

Since I figured Leah and Lani we're still sleep I went on the balcony to smoke a blunt.

I finished off my blunt and then I went up the stairs.

" Hi daddy." Lani said, waving at me.

" Hi. How long have y'all been up ?" I said, walking into the room.

" I woke up like and hour ago and then Lani woke up about 30 minutes ago." Leah said.

" Let me go get y'all some food and i'll be right back." I said, walking out of the room. I grabbed both of their plates from downstairs and then brought their plates upstairs. My grandma offered to take Sierra this week.

I brought both of them their food and they both ate. Lately Leah's had a huge change in appetite. But today she tried eating more than usual. After they both finished eating we all got washed up and got ready for bed. Lani asked to sleep with us tonight and of course Leah said yes.

They were both sleep right now , while I just watched them sleep.

We gone be alright.