fourty four.

Maleah Brewster
days later..

The pain..
⚠️TW: Mentions of Suicide and Rape⚠️

Life in Savannah has been amazing. The girls went to my moms house and Lani said she had lots of fun. I've always wanted my kids to have a great relationship with their grandparents and I'm glad they can have one now.

Today my mom wants me and my siblings to talk out our problems and come to a common ground. The only thing I really wanted to hear was why Icyss treated me the way she did.

" You about to go ?" Benji asked.

" Yea, wish me luck." I said, grabbing my keys.

"You got this baby. I love you." he said, leaning up to kiss me.

" I love you too baby." I smiled, walking out of our room. I went to Lani's room and kissed her and Kapree goodbye before heading to my moms house.

As soon as I got in the car I tried my best to think positive thoughts. A lot of time I always think of the worst so that I don't get disappointed. But my therapist told me that it's best to go into everything with a positive mindset.

I knocked on the door and my mom answered.

" I'm sorry i'm late Kapree was not trying to go to sleep." I said, sitting on the couch.

" You're fine." my mom said.

" Surprised you even showed up." Icyss said under her breath, and I just rolled my eyes.

" For somebody who cared so much about me, you sure don't act like it." I said.

" I did not call y'all here to argue, I called y'all here to hash out whatever problems y'all have with each other." my mom said.

" She still hasn't answered why she left." Jasmine said.

" The real and full reason I left was because I was depressed. I was calling for help and nobody heard me so I left. If I wouldn't have left as soon as I did I probably would've been dead.That's why." I said, giving them the short answer.

" Depressed ? Why ?" Jasmine asked.

I took a deep breath before saying what I was about to say.

" I was depressed because I was raped and I was blamed and shamed for it." I explained, before I was cut off.

" She lying her ass off." Icyss said, interrupting me.

" See that's the guilt eating her alive. I was raped by her boyfriend and she knew it, she saw me and she didn't even try to help me. You watched your boyfriend force him self into me and you didn't even help. You watched me suffer as I cried for your help." I said, as tears rolled down my face.

" Icyss what the hell?" Jasmine said, looking at Icyss.

" But it didn't stop there. I guess you decided that I should suffer some more and tell the whole school that I slept with your boyfriends, as if I did it on purpose. You had people writing me death notes, writing random shit on my locker. I couldn't even fully enjoy school anymore because people were always bullying me. I had to change my number because you had people texting me horrible shit. Then you continued bring him in the house knowing how uncomfortable I was." I said, and Jasmine came up and hugged me.

" I couldn't even be comfortable in my own house. The only way out I knew was cutting, so I began cutting my wrists. You walked in on me and asked if I needed to sharpen my knives. I tried so many different ways to leave this Earth and none of them worked. That time when my car crashed into a tree that was on purpose. I had tallies on my wall for all of the times I had unsuccessful suicide attempt and there were 16 TALLIES. And you have the audacity to ask me why I left and you were the reason. You were so desperate for male validation that you broke your own sister down.