nineteen.

Benjamin Brewster
2 years later...

Game Plan...

" Happy birthday baby girl." I said, as I approached Lani's room.

" Why are you crying princess ?" I asked, walking deeper into Lani's room.

" I miss mommy." she responded, wiping her tears. These past two years have not been easy on either us. Every time we thought we had a lead it was a dead end. It's like whoever kidnapped them was doing it on purpose.

" When is she coming back ?" she sniffled.

" I don't know bug hopefully soon. I miss mommy too, but we have to be strong I don't think she would want us to be sad." I said, pulling her in a hug.

" But I miss her so much." she said, as more tears fell down her face.

" It's okay princess, just cry it all out." I said, rubbing her back. It hurt me to see her like this, she only 3 years old going through this. Whenever I find out whose behind all of this I'm not going easy.

" I love you baby girl." I said, rubbing her back.

" I love you too daddy." she said. We stayed in her room for about a 30 more minutes before she decided she was ready to get the day started.

" What do you want to do today ?" I asked, as she got dressed.

" Can we do what mommy likes to do." she suggested.

" Is that what you want to do ?" I asked, and she shook her head.

I quickly got her ready for the day and then we headed to breakfast. I decided on taking her to Leah's favorite restaurant when she was pregnant. On the car ride Lani suggested we listen to all of Leah's favorite songs.

the restaurant..

" What did mommy like to get ?" Lani asked, after we got our menus.

" When you were in her stomach she loved there French toast with strawberries and bacon." I answered.

" I like French toast with strawberries too, me and mommy are just the same." she smiled.

She wasn't lying. Lani acts and looks just Leah it doesn't even seem like I contributed anything to her except the sperm.

later..

It had been hours later and me and Lani just got back to the house. After breakfast I took her to the carnival me and Leah went to on one of our first dates , then we had ice cream at Leah's favorite ice cream place, and it wouldn't be a day about Leah if we didn't go shopping.

" Lani Uncle Shoota got the best birthday gift for you." Shoota said, walking up to Lani.

" What is it ? What is it ?" Lani asked, jumping up and down.

" Take the phone and click the name Kyle." Shoota instructed, and Lani nodded her head pressing the name.

" Hello." Lani said.

" Hello, is this Kelani ?" Kyle said, and Lani shook her head.

" Happy birthday mommy's baby." I heard.

" Mommy, it's really you. Daddy it's mommy." Lani said, and when I looked at her face there were tears coming down her face. I got up and looked at the camera and it was Leah.

" Hi baby." Leah smiled, but I could tell she wanted too cry.

" Hey ma, we miss you." I said.

" I miss you guys too, I think about both of y'all every day." she responded.

" Did you have a good birthday ?" Leah asked.

" Mommy today for my birthday we went to your favorite restaurant and we went to your favorite ice cream place." Lani informed her. " Oh and daddy took me to the carnival." Lani added.

" I'm glad you had fun today. Mommy loves you so so much." Leah said.

" I love you too mommy. When are you coming home?" Lani asked, tilting her head.

" Hopefully really soon." Leah said.

" Times up we gotta go." Kyle whispered to Leah.

" I gotta go now. I love you guys so much." she smiled.

" I love you too." me and Lani both said, before the phone call ended.

" Thank you Uncle Shoota that was the best birthday gift ever. You're the best Uncle Shoota in the world."Lani said, hugging Shoota.

" You welcome Lani bug, anything for you." Shoota said, kissing her cheeks. I let her stay downstairs for a little longer before I sent her upstairs for bed.

" Nigga how the hell did you do that ?" I asked.

" I got my connections man." he said, making me roll my eyes.

" Nigga this isn't the time." I said, and he smacked his lips.

" Ight so you remember Kyle used to be our business back when we were in the game right." he said, and I nodded my head. " So recently he's been in the market for a new distributor and apparently ha came across this dude named Black. I don't know much about this Black because when I went to look and search about him nothing comes up. But anyways according to Kyle when you meet up with Black you get a girl for 30 minutes. There are two girls which happen to be Sierra and Leah. The last meeting he noticed Sierra and that's when she told him that Leah was there as well." he informed me.

" So what made this nigga black come after Sierra and Leah. And what the hell do you do with the two girls?" I said. I knew what he was doing with the girls but I didn't want to believe it.

" I don't know why he came after them two, that's something we gotta find out. And he basically using them as prostitutes. He uses them so that people will want to continuously buy from him and obviously this shit is working." he answered.

" So what's next ?" I asked.

" Kyle got a meeting next week with Black. I'm think we round up a squad get trained up and we go with him. When I spoke to Kyle he told me that the meetings are held in a room upstairs and the girls are locked away somewhere downstairs." he said. " I just had to run this by you. You down ?" he asked.

" Hell yea." I answered. I talked to Shoota for a little while before I went upstairs to check on Lani. When I got to her room she was coloring, something she did every night before she went to sleep.

" Hi daddy." she waved. " Is it time for bed now ?" she asked, and I shook my head no. Usually I would've said yes but tonight I decided to let her have it.

" Daddy loves you princess." I said, kissing the side of her face.

" I love you too daddy." she said, puckering her lips for a kiss and I gave her one. " Do you like my picture ?" she asked.

" Yea, it looks really nice. Who did you draw ?" I said.

" This is me, this is mommy, and that's you. One big happy family." she smiled.

With all the shit Lani been through I was not expecting her to be this happy and bubbly. But my baby fighting through this shit like a champ.

" You wanna sleep with daddy tonight ?" I asked, and she shook her head happily.

" Come on let's go lay down." I said, grabbing her hand and leading her to my room.

" Let's watch Doc McStuffins." Lani said, turning on the tv.