18: When It Comes To You I Lose My Control

"I'm not asking for too much, I'm asking
the wrong motherfucker."
~ Alina Baraz

3rd Person's POV

3rd Person's POV

About a month passes, Mila and Peter still weren't on speaking terms. Mila finally got her sling off, which she was super excited about. She started to walk from Oscorp instead of getting a ride from Phil. This was because she knew a certain someone was watching her. And when she made it known that she knew he was there.

Slowly but surely, Spiderman would come out of the shadows and walk her home. The two got closer with each passing night. They would talk about anything and everything. Spiderman was filling the hole that Peter had left.

Mila still had no idea that Peter was indeed Spiderman, but she was happier. Peter realized that he really didn't know Mila like he thought he did. There was definitely more that meets the eye. He had found out that she was actually a genius. He felt as if he was getting his best friend back. However he also knew there was lingering feeling that he had. He didn't want to come to terms that he may have his childhood crush back.

Another thing Peter realized, was that the closer Mila got to Spiderman the more she would tell him about this guy she used to like. Peter was really jealous. He knew he had no reason to be but he was. With each passing day, Peter was more and more confused.

...

Mila is walking down the street holding her umbrella as she gets father and farther away from Oscorp. She had left later than she usually did so she didn't expect Spiderman to be waiting for her. And as she thought, he wasn't. She wasn't upset about it, Spiderman was a superhero. He had to save lives not follow her around.

Sighing she crosses the street and walks past a lit up alley way. Glancing over she sees a group of men drinking. She quickly looks away and curses as she hears them walk up behind her cat calling.

"Why does this always happen to me?"

Mila runs down the sidewalk in the pouring rain trying her hardest to get away from the men following her. They whistle at her as they quickly catch up.

"Where you going baby?"

"Aw don't run from us sweetheart."

One of the guys grabs her arm making her pull back her fist and punch him in the nose. He grunts and lets her go then holds onto his bleeding nose.

Another guy grips onto her waist making her stomp on his foot.

"Get off!"

She shoves her elbow into his side and then into his face. He lets her go and she turns to run but only runs into the chest of another man. She raises her leg to kick him in the foods until he holds up a knife and smiles, "I wouldn't do that if I were you gorgeous."