Chapter 5 (pt 2)

Katya POV-

As soon as I get back home I call my mom to tell her Trixie's coming for Christmas. She'd asked a long time ago if Trixie was coming so I knew she wouldn't care. In fact, she was thrilled, already excited that we have another person to buy gifts for.

"You're coming late on Saturday?" '

"yeah." I reply. "Can you get me from the airport?"

"Of course." My mom says. "Is Trixie coming with you then? What should I get her for Christmas, I can get it this week before you come so she won't know."

"No don't shop yet, she's not flying out until Tuesday morning and I want to pick some stuff out too." I smile.

"Okay well I have to go grab Yulia from her friends house."

"By mom." I tell her. "Oh can you have Yulia call me tonight?"

"Sure thing." She replies. "By, love you."

"Love you too."

When I get off the phone I have butterflies in my stomach. I can't wait for Christmas and it'll be even better because Trixie's coming and my family loves her. Well, besides my grandparents, they don't know who she is, nor do they support the whole gay thing, but who cares. We might be staying at their house, but all they need to know is that Trixie's a "friend from college." They don't know enough about me or what's been going on to question anything, it'll be fine.

The rest of finals and school passes slowly. I don't get to see Trixie at all because we've both been too busy and there isn't much to do anyways.

I'm glad to get on the plane Saturday night, even though I absolutely despise flying. I like my feet on the ground, and if they aren't going to be, I like to be with someone at least. But today I don't get either of those things and it's going to have to be fine. Just after I board I call Trixie, she picks up on the second ring. "Hey." I say. "I know it's getting late but I just got on the plane."

"Okay first off, it's literally 9:00 so I'm not sure what your idea of late is." She laughs. "And second, call me when you land."

"I will." I tell her. "You're going to your moms tomorrow?"

"Yeah I'm not sure when."

"You don't sound thrilled about that."

She takes a breath in. "I'm not but I want to see them and it's been a while."

"Just don't be too hard on yourself."

"I won't." She assures me. "And then I'll be in Boston. You'd better give me attention when I get there."

I chuckle. "I will. You're so bossy when you're stressed."

"Shush." She replies, and by the tone of her voice I can tell she rolled her eyes.

A voice begins over the loud speakers in the plane. "I've gotta go." I say. "I'll call you later okay?"

"Yep." Trixie confirms. "Love you."

"Love you too."

I hang up and turn it to airplane mode before putting on a pair of headphones and closing my eyes.

I don't open them until the plane lands in Boston. The plane is stuffy and my whole body is stiff from not moving the whole time. A taller man behind me grabs my luggage for me, seeing I'm too short to get it without potentially dropping it, and I walk off the plane as fast as I can. When I turn my phone back on my mom's texted to tell me she's at the South entrance. Lucky me, that's on the other side of the airport. It's probably worth it to just text Trixie now that I've landed, but call her later. She replies back with a heart so I know she's seen it.