04 | angry greys

"How is your wrist?"

My heart rate slightly goes up and I stand up, turning around to face him. I think he's at least eight inches taller than me, I'd never noticed. His hair is almost the same colour as his eyes.

Melted chocolate brown.

I lick my lips. Instead of answering and making a fool of myself by stuttering, I just show him my wrist. His gaze leaves my face and falls down on my wrist and his expression stays blank but I notice his jaw clenching. A bruise has formed and it is bluish black now.

He doesn't say anything and just stares at it, examining it without touching. I decide to break the silence. I put my wrist down.

"Th-thank you," I tell him, my voice comes out squeaky. I internally groan at the sound of it. His gaze returns back to my eyes and stays there. "For helping me," I add.

Why are his stares so intense? I break the eye contact and look at my feet.

"Before I mean," I add again.

Okay that was enough, he gets you.

I feel my cheek heat up.

He continues to look at me, as if he is trying to find something, as if he is searching for something. His eyes are intense from afar but from a closer proximity, it is exponentially more intense.

He doesn't answer, just gives the smallest nod to my thanks. The bell rings and not knowing what to say, I give him a tight smile before turning around and leaving. As awkwardly as possible.

Kill me now.

My cheeks are burning with embarrassment when I return back to the canteen. I see Ava with her group and walk towards them. Her eyes lighten up when they see me, a look of relief passes through her face.

"Do you feel better?"

I nod my head. She gives me a smile.

.

Painting nature sounded boring to everyone and they groaned the minute Mrs. Lee said we had to paint something related to nature. I didn't find painting nature to be boring. In fact, painting never bored me. Whether it was a basket of fruits or some human model or a leaf, I just loved painting. However, I always failed to convey my feelings into it.

I struggle to choose between an ocean and a forest. I look around me, there were plenty of greens so I decided to go with the ocean. I love bright paintings that bring happiness.