07 | scarlets

"So, I'm guessing that was the Brianna you were talking about?" I ask Ava as I look at my water-soaked shirt through the mirror

"No, she's one of her friends, actually," Ava says as she hands me a top. I look at the piece of cloth and groan. It's black but that's not the problem. It is so small that my stomach is going to show and no doubt, it's going to be a little small for me.

Not to mention- tight.

"Ven, this is the only thing I have," Ava says sternly as she pushes me in one of the cubicles. It's either the soaked white shirt or this. I try it on.

"I don't feel comfortable, it's just too tight," I mumble.

"Not my fault that my boobs are smaller than yours. We don't want you to catch cold, go now," Ava says with a roll of eye and a small smile.

"You look hot, stop worrying. Ace will probably drool over you," Ava says in a teasing tone as she looks at me once I'm done.

I choke on my own spit.

"But they say Ace is gay, he hasn't dated a single girl," Ava adds. What kind of logic is that? I start coughing rapidly and Ava pats my back, laughing throughout.

Oh God, could it be true?

"Let's eat before the bell rings," Ava drags me outside and I feel a little odd as some guys stare at me. Gaining attention isn't difficult after all, is it? Just show a bit of skin and tada! You have their attention.

Once we're back, almost every eye is on me. Groaning silently, I follow Ava to the table. Blake gives me a low whistle and I blush. I know he isn't hitting on me or anything, he's been acting like an older brother I never had. It's a friendly whistle.

Jackson, however, has an evil glint in his eyes as he eyes me. I shudder as I look away. Samantha is not here today.

"Another stupid rumour," Ava mumbles as she looks behind me. I turn around to find Ace's eyes on me and even though he is three tables away, his gaze is so intense and piercing, other people notice it too. I look away. I notice Blake and Jackson looking at Ace too and it looks like there's this weird telepathy going on. I munch on my lunch in silence. Wow, that rhymed.

The day passes quite quickly. Thanks to Ava's tee, I've had six guys hit on me, note my sarcasm. I walk to my locker in relief, the day's over. Yay. The fact that I'm going to Ace's home excites me.

"Venus, I almost forgot," Ava says as she runs to me.

"I got you a roommate," she says as she gasps for air. She had no reason to run just to say this.