10 | metallic silvers

His questioning eyes never leave my face

His questioning eyes never leave my face. Afraid that Jackson might see us, I look around. I sigh in relief when there is no one except us. I try to pull away from Ace but his firm grip on my waist doesn't let me do so.

One of his hands leaves my waist only to caress my left cheek. My eyes flutter close at the sensation.

"Who did this?" his voice is hard, unlike his gaze on me. My cheeks might have bruised a little after the slap. I wish I could tell but I know I can't. I can't even come up with a lie.

"No one," I say meekly, "please drop it." I plead with my eyes and his gaze on me softens. He looks torn between knowing who did it and dropping it. That makes my heart flutter, does he care? Maybe a little.

"Please?" I whisper. He closes his eyes and opens them, nodding his head once.

"Just this one time," he says lowly making it sound like he isn't happy about it. I feel tears pricking my eyes knowing there will be another time. I attempt to go past him when he unwraps his hand from my waist but he grabs my hand, raising his eyebrows.

"What?"

"Don't you have class?" he asks. I look at my feet.

"Release me, Ace."

I'm on the verge of crying and I don't want to have a breakdown in front of him. He sighs tiredly as he leaves my hand but follows me instead.

"Ace, go to your class," I say sternly, with teary eyes, which he ignores. Ignoring his presence, I start to walk home, my head filled with possibilities of what was about to happen the other day. Ace follows me to my apartment, all the way to my room, all while looking like he doesn't even know me.

Once I'm on my door I look at him tiredly.

"What do you want?"

He rolls his eyes and pushes past me to my apartment, leaving my jaw hanging. He sits in the couch and pats the spot next to him. Unsure about the whole situation, I close the door behind me and stand next to him.

"You're creeping me out, Ace," I tell him with a hand on my waist.

"I had nothing better to do so I thought I should give my poor kitten some company," he says with an emotionless grin. I glare at him.

He still sounds mad.

I look madder.

"Fine, I wanted to make sure you were safe," he sighs.

"Why do you care?" I ask softly. Not complaining though. I just want to know.

"Because Venus, you are way too fucking innocent for this world."

I feel fuzzy inside.

I sit next to him and think about telling him everything but I don't want to take the risk. I don't want Jackson to leak the video, I'll be doomed. My stomach grumbles.

Right, I hadn't eaten anything. Color rises to my cheeks when Ace looks at me sternly.

"Don't tell me you didn't eat at lunch," he says with a sigh. I give him a sheepish smile and he shakes his head mumbling something under his breath that I don't catch. He grabs my hand and pulls me outside my apartment. I don't question him and let him take me wherever we are going.

I feel too tired to object.

My stomach feels funny when he doesn't leave my hand and holds it firmly. Warmth spreads through me. Do friends hold hands? Am I supposed to feel this way?

We end up going to a restaurant where he buys me food. I ask him not to but his stubborn self doesn't agree. As much as I enjoy being with Ace, I keep on thinking about the next day. I think Ace notices this because he keeps on staring at me, trying to figure out what was happening.

After going to the restaurant, we return to my apartment to complete the assignment. We end up watching a movie instead. It's evening when we're almost finished.

"So, we're gonna edit the essay tomorrow at the library, right?" I ask as I stand up from my bed and walk to the door. He hums quietly, his eyes searching for something in my face.

"What's wrong?" I ask him, leaning against the door.

"What's going on, Venus?" Ace asks as he stands up from my bed and walks to me.

"Tell me," he pleads and my heartbeat skyrockets. I take his hands in mine, trying my best to sound calm.

"It's nothing, okay? You told me you would drop it."

"Fine."

He walks outside the room and the apartment without turning back. A sad smile appears on my face. How did my life turn out to be like this?

Why do bad things happen to good people?

Or am I not a good human?

The next morning, I throw up everything I had eaten in dinner. I am pretty sure I have a fever. Regardless, I change into a light pink shirt and a pair of black jeans. I skip breakfast and walk to school. To my relief, Samantha doesn't ask me anything. My whole body feels like it's about to shut and I feel dizzy but I can't skip school. I don't want to take any risks.

Risks that involve the video.

Jackson said he wanted me there today and I would obey him.

Should I go to the authorities? What if Jackson finds out?

I meet Ace at the library. He looks at me, worry shining in his eyes, the most emotion he has ever shown to me. I give him a tired smile hoping to show I am fine. Even if I am not. I can not concentrate on the assignment and Ace sure notices it but strangely, he doesn't say anything. The time passes quickly and dread fills me.

My heartbeat increases significantly as I part ways from Ace, to the classroom where Jackson is waiting. My pace turns slow and I feel like throwing up again, even though my stomach is empty.

I look around me when I reach the door to make sure no one is around. Taking a deep breath, I open the door.

My heart falls when I see Jackson playing with a knife. Taking another deep breath, I enter the class and close the door behind me.

I hate this school.

Grab it and plunge it into his chest! Too graphic? Oops, sorry

Don't forget to Vote and Comment!