16 | plump pinks

Ace glares at the grass, his expression screaming anger

Ace glares at the grass, his expression screaming anger. Why is he so angry? I mean, he seemed fine minutes ago. We've been sitting in the shade for some time now. I followed him outside and he just sat down, holding my hand and bringing me down with him.

An uncomfortable silence surrounds us. And, I can feel his anger.

We were sitting real close, our thighs were touching. He didn't seem as affected as me, maybe because of his unadulterated anger towards Noah. Or maybe because he simply doesn't think of me that way. Anyways, what did the guy even do to him?

"Do you know him?" I break the uncomfortable silence.

"No," he grunts.

"Did he do something wrong?" I push further. He pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs.

"No, kitten." He grits out.

Then what in the hell is his problem?

I think of going back to school. I have a break anyway so maybe I will go to the library. As I prepare to stand up, my eyes fall on Ace's fists. I gasp.

They look bloody. Literally. They're covered in dry blood. I notice his eyes on me so I look up. This reminds me of my first day here. It's weird how the same thing happened twice in a week.

Him with a bloody fist. Us sitting next to each other in the same spot. I sigh.

"You need to get your fist cleaned," I tell him.

I see his lips twitch a little. He shakes his head 'no'. I knew it. Sighing for the second time, I stand up and take my hand out for him to grab.

He cocks his eyebrows at me but takes my hand anyway, standing up. His huge hands feel warm in mine as we walk inside. Who knew his hands alone could make me feel like this? My heart was about to jump out of my chest.

I wonder what his lips could do.

Bad, bad Vee!

I shake my head to clear the thought out of my brain and my cheeks heat a little. We reach the infirmary. Ace gives me the look that says 'seriously'. Rolling my eyes, I take him inside.

However, to my surprise, the infirmary is empty. "Where is the nurse?" I question. Ace shrugs.

I look around for bandages and alcohol. I feel like I am going to play nurse. I laugh at the thought inwardly. I look at him with a smile and his frown disappears, his expression turns soft. I take the cotton and dip it in the alcohol.

"This might hurt a little, okay?" I tell him, biting my lips slightly. His eyes fall on my lips and then he looks into my eyes. Suddenly, the air turns hot and thick, a little suffocating.

Ignoring my erratic heart, I start cleaning the blood off his fist.

He surprises me when he doesn't even flinch or make a sound. I realize his eyes on me so I look up. His eyes again fall on my lips and I realize I am biting them again. I swear my heart skips a beat when his other hand comes and pulls my bottom lip away from my teeth. His eyes darken.

I again get back to cleaning his hand and wrapping it into a bandage, all while feeling his intense eyes on me. Impressed by my work, I hum quietly. My hands tremble a little when I throw the pieces of cotton away and put the things back.

"All done," I break the silence. My voice comes out a bit breathy. I walk outside and he follows me.

I am startled when his bandaged hand holds my wrist and turns me around, gently. He takes a step towards me and I subconsciously take some steps back until my back hits the wall. He smirks lightly when he puts his hand next to my head and traps me in.

His eyes again fall to my lips. I look at his pink plump lips too, imagining how it would feel to kiss them. My cheeks heat a little when his eyes meet mine.

His gaze makes me feel like I am the most delicate thing in the whole world. One of his bandaged hands cups my cheek, so gently that I am surprised someone like him can be that gentle.

He removes his hand that is next to my head and wraps it around my waist, bringing me up a little. I feel his breath on my lips and my stomach clenches when his tongue slips out and runs over his lips. I mirror his action and his eyes dilate even more.

Was this happening? Please God, don't let it be a dream!

He then lowers his head. I hold my breath when his lips touch mine. We stay like that for sometime before he sucks on my bottom lip, causing a breathy moan to escape my lips. I wrap my hands around his neck and try to do the same, sucking on his upper lip.

He groans and I pull back.

"Did I do it wrong?" I mumble softly. Provided it was my first kiss, I didn't know what I did wrong. Why did he groan?

"First kiss?" He asks, surprised. I look at my hands, my cheeks heating up even more. He chuckles a little before smashing his lips into mine again.

He kisses my lips hungrily this time and I moan into his lips. I jump a little when his tongue enters my mouth and tangles itself with mine. I tug on his hair and it makes him groan into my mouth again.

After ages, we pull away, breathing heavily. His lips look swollen and my heart bursts in joy knowing I did it to him. I look into his eyes and he looks at me with an emotion that causes my stomach to clench again and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

I unwrap my hand from his neck when the bell rings. He unwraps his hand from my waist too. I feel empty when he withdraws his hand. We don't speak a word.

And because I am the most coward person in the whole damn world, without saying anything, I walk, more like a sprint, to my next class- English literature.

Only when I reach the class, I realize I share the class with Ace. And because we were partnered together, we are supposed to sit next to each other.

Things couldn't be more awkward.