18 | off whites

Ace stands in front of the door to the unknown room

Ace stands in front of the door to the unknown room. He hesitates a little before looking at me and sighing. Taking one last look at me, Ace opens the door wide open, signalling me to enter the room.

My hands shoot to cover my mouth when I step inside. My eyes twinkle as I look around the room, there is so much to see, literally. I momentarily forget my grief as I look at the walls, trying to absorb everything.

The room is medium-sized. It's off white wallpaper is almost completely covered by framed canvas of all sizes that are hung haphazardly. What takes my breath is the emotions in the paintings. They express more than words could ever.

As beautiful as the paintings are, they are all painted with the shades of grey, I realize. It's crazy how all the paintings are painted with shades of a single color, yet are so captivating.

I walk closer to the wall and look at a painting of a girl. The girl is grinning and looks happy but there is something in the painting that makes me want to cry. I move to the next one. It's a painting of a guy and his features look similar to the girl but a contrast to her expression, his is gloomy. A trail of tear is running down his cheek.

Other paintings are more depressing than anything. I look at Ace who is looking at me with a curious expression.

"They're beautiful," I breathe out.

A proud smile makes its way into his lips and I smile too.

"Why just shades of grey, Ace?" I dare to ask.

Ace looks at one of the paintings.

"When you see darkness like I have, all you see is grey."

I shiver at his words. Then, I realize something. This made me forget my grief. No, his grief made me forget my grief. It's weird.

"Can I... Do you want to tell me what happened, kitten?"

"I-," I breathe heavily. He urges me to go on, his eyes look at me so softly, I feel like I will melt.

"I was three. I had this dance competition thing on my school," I take a breathe, " My parents... they were on their way. Then-"

He wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me towards him a little. It's comforting and I gaze into his brown eyes. The prettiest shade of brown.

"They got into a road accident. On this same date," I breathe out. He pulls me into him and I silently put my head on his chest. His heartbeat calms me down and I feel mine beating in the same rhythm.

"I can understand, kitten," he whispers before kissing my hair. An action that warms me in the inside. No, he can't understand. No one can, unless... unless he's gone through the same thing.

"What happened to you? What made you like this," I dare to ask, pulling away from him slightly.

His jaw clenches and I instantly regret my question because I see the pain in his eyes. It lasts for just a moment but it was unmistakable.

"That's a story for another day, Venus." Oh no, he used my name. That's not good.

But it's unfair.

He takes deep breaths, probably trying to fight his memories and I feel really bad that I am the reason behind all this. I wrap my arms around him in an attempt to calm him down, like he always does. He buries his face in my neck and inhales deeply. My heart flips.

We stay like that for ages before the air turns electric. Suddenly, a hug that was once comforting turns into something else.

His eyes fall to my lips. I part my lips and close my eyes when he leans in and closes the distance. How much in the past week had I wished for this to happen. However, his lips don't meet mine.

Instead, he kisses the corner of my mouth.

"I was dying to do this," he says lowly before slowly making his way down my neck. His voice alone makes me shiver. I hold onto him when he sucks on my neck, a throaty moan making it's way to my lips. He groans at the sound and sucks even harder.

I moan again when he moves to another spot. My nails dig into his arms when he bites my skin, licking it soothingly afterwards. My toes curl and I moan aloud when he moves lower.

The shirt I am wearing is large on me, the first button is very low that completely shows my cleavage. That just gives him more area to bite, lick and suck.

After some time, he pulls away with a satisfied look on his face. My lips are still parted and I breathe heavily. He is surprised when I pull him by his neck for another kiss.

Unlike our first kiss, this one is hard, a bruising one. I try to take control at first but he bites my bottom lip. I like how he dominates the kiss, his tongue tangles with mine and I moan again. I try to match his intensity as I kiss him.

We pull back to breathe and I swear I am scarlet because of the intensity he looks at me with.

"I want to offer you something," he tells in a husky voice. His arms are still around me and, mine around him. Anyone else would say we were lovers embracing each other.

Yeah, right.

"Yeah?" my voice comes breathy.

"I want to help you paint," he says. My ears perk up.

"Really," I almost squeal.

"Yeah, I can see the passion in you," he says with a knowing look and a small smile.

I feel so happy. I squeal again as I kiss his cheek. I notice the widening of his eyes and slight blush in his cheeks that's almost unnoticeable. With a huge grin, I unwrap my hand and he does too.

"When do we start?" I say, feeling ecstatic.

"Tomorrow, after school." I grin at his answer, unable to contain my happiness.

"Do you have colors other than grey, though?" I turn towards him. He nods before walking to the cupboard and taking out all kind of painting colors. All kind of colors. My eyes twinkle and I stare at him in awe as I walk to see them.

"Why keep these when all you use is grey?"

"Because kitten, maybe someday I will start painting with other colors too." He looks at me intensely, as if it had something to do with me. That makes me look away.

"So... tomorrow, after school?"

"Yeah."

Can't wait for it ;)