08 | pretty whites

"What is that doing here?" I ask pointing to the small bag

"I can explain," he says scratching the back of his head, the tip of his ears still red. Awe, h blushes in the ears.

He walks into what I think is a closet, of course, there would be a walk-in closet in a mansion like this. He comes out after ages, with a black t-shirt hugging his muscles perfectly and his arms on full display.

"I didn't know what was inside the bag, I tried calling you and I even went after you but you were gone. So, I brought it home," he says like it's a normal thing to do.

"And why would you bring it home?" I ask, my cheeks still heated and I'm pretty sure I look scarlet.

"I thought I would see you again? And didn't feel like leaving it on the road."

"Why would you think we'd meet again?" I push.

"Damn it, woman. Have some mercy," he says as his ears turn even redder. Who thought Ace could be so cute? I drop the topic. For now.

We settle in his bed as we think of the topic for our essay. It's a really easy assignment for a senior. God knows why Mrs Brown would partner us for such a small assignment.

An hour later, we are nowhere. Now I get it. Probably a way to teach us teamwork because every topic I come up with isn't good enough for him and I don't like the topic he comes up with. We are so incompatible.

That's how an hour goes by. I groan as anger fills me. I look at him with a glare and he gives me an amused look. He has the nerve to look amused.

"We have to choose a topic," I grumble.

"Yep."

I swear I will punch the hell out of his face. I take a deep breath and resist the urge to do it.

"Painting," I sigh. This seems to pique his interest because his eyes start to twinkle.

"Painting?"

"Yes."

"Colors," he says. Of course, he couldn't agree.

"Fine. Colors it is, then," I say as I look at my watch. For someone who painted with just the shades of grey last time, it is weird for him to chose the topic colors.

"I have to leave now," I tell him. Samantha could be moving in anytime now.

"Okay. So, tomorrow morning, library?" he asks. "Okay," I say as we stand up and walk outside. That is when I remember he has something of mine. When I stop abruptly, he turns around and raises one of his eyebrows.

"The bag," I remind him.

"I'll get it," he says as he walks to his room. I feel bashful as I wait for him. I look around. It's weird how he lives alone in a mansion. Where are his mother and father?

He comes back and hands me the bag causing his fingers to touch mine and I feel a spark. I look at him and by the surprised look in his eyes, I think he feels it too.

"I'll drive you," he tells me when we're outside. I start to refuse but he gives me a pointed look.

"We don't want a repeat of your first day," he reminds me as he walks to his garage, leaving me in front of the mansion with the Victoria's Secret bag dangling in my hand.

He comes out in some fancy sports car, that's grey, of course. I get inside and it smells so good.

An evil idea pops in my head. I think of teasing him a little, with my newfound confidence.

"Seriously, you thought we'd meet, huh?" I say in a soft voice. "Did you also look inside the bag," I tease a little more but the plan backfires on me.

A slow smirk makes its way on his face.

He briefly looks at me before concentrating on the road again. "I did," he says blankly.

My eyes widen.

"The white one with little bows on it," he says in a low voice that has my stomach clenching, his expression still the same.

"R-really?" I ask.

He hums.

"Can I imagine you in them?"

His voice is dangerously low now and the air around us becomes thick. I suck in a deep breath as I try to distract myself by looking outside.

The smirk is there on his face and from my peripheral vision, I can see him glancing at me.

"N-no!"

He lets out a laugh.

Once we're in front of my apartment, I look at him. Taking a deep breath, I lean closer to him and kiss him in the cheek before mumbling a small thank you. His eyes widen and he parts his lips.

Ha!

I get out of the car, slam the door and avoid looking at him as I walk inside the apartment, all while feeling his eyes on me. As always.

A wave of embarrassed passes through me and I shudder.

Once I'm inside, I see Samantha waiting outside. With a sorry smile, I let her in and help her arrange her things. Unlike me, Samantha has so many boxes and it takes us two hours to arrange everything. The apartment looks fuller now and it feels homey.

I make dinner and we eat together. She leaves at eight, saying she has a job. I ask her if she can get me a job too and she says she'll try. She'll be back by midnight.

I change into my PJs and flop into my bed, replaying the whole day over and over again. One hell of a day, wasn't it?

Can I imagine you in them?

I blush as I recall him saying it and sleep with a smile still present on my face. Full of surprises, isn't he? Like I said. I have one of the best nights that day.

Had I known what was about to come the next day, I would have fled to auntie's home instead of wasting my time sleeping.

The story's just starting ;)

Popcorn?