09 | blue & blonde

Trigger warning- sexual assault, PG-13, no graphic details.

I wake up quite earlier than I normally would. I feel really refreshed and with a spring in my steps, I walk to my bathroom. I take a shower and wear my outfit of the day- nude top with black high waisted jeans. I tie my hair into a ponytail and walk to the kitchen.

"Morning Sam," I chirp when I notice her making something.

"Aren't you happy today," she says with a small smile and I realize this is the first time she's been this friendly. I pass her a grin as I see her make pancakes. I sit on the kitchen island. After breakfast, I text Ace if he's still up for doing the assignment in library. He texts back a 'yeah'.

Wow, that was fast.

It takes me fifteen minutes to walk to school. I walk to the library and settle on one of the tables. I search for some books related to colors. I see a thick book on one of the top shelves.

However, I fail to reach it, thanks to my height. Grumbling under my breath, I stand on my tiptoes.

I still can't reach it.

I freeze when I feel a presence behind me. A hand grabs my waist and the other hand reaches up to grab the book. The familiar smell hits me.

I turn around, my cheeks heating up. "Thank you," I say as I look into his brown eyes. He's really close and I can smell that earthly smell I like.

I gulp when his hand squeezes my hip a little.

"No romance in library, I am tired of hormonal students," a screechy voice makes us jump apart. The librarian gives us a glare as she walks away.

Blushing furiously, I take the book from an amused Ace's hands and we walk to the table I was sitting on. We manage to complete half of the essay before our first class. Time passes real fast.

We walk separate ways after agreeing to do remaining work in his house, in the afternoon.

As I walk to my locker, suddenly I am grabbed by my hand and pulled into a classroom. The door closes behind me and I turn around to meet the blue eyes of Jackson.

My heart starts beating fast as I see a smirk making it's way to his face. He roughly grabs my wrist and drags me to a chair.

"W-wha-" I am cut off when Jackson pushes me into one of the chairs harshly.

"Shut up," he says sternly as he takes out his phone. "No crying," he says before he passes me his phone.

Tears spill from my eyes when I see what it is. It is a video of me wearing the bold red dress. The day of the party. But that's not it. The zipper of the dress is open.

In the video, I let the dress fall and step out of it. I am left in my black bra and panties. A sob escapes my lips when I see my hands reach my back. A snap and my bra falls down. I can't look anymore as I start hyperventilating.

I can't breathe anymore as tears completely cloud my vision. Jackson presses his hand on my mouth to muffle my cries and I don't know how long I sob. How did he make me do those things?

I know Jackson is angry by his gritted teeth and how he clenched his jaw. He clicks his tongue. "I said no crying, didn't I?" He says before raising his hand only to slap me. I try to stop the tears but I can not control them.

"Listen, honey, no one has to know about this, okay? Or I will make sure every single student has your video. I want you here tomorrow, same time, same place," he says like he is talking to a child and didn't just slap me.

He pats my reddened cheek and leaves me.

I end up skipping three classes that I spend crying in the washroom. I wouldn't go to lunch either but it would arise suspicion and Ava would surely ask questions which I wouldn't be able to answer.

I wash my face with cold water and look at the mirror. My eyes are puffy and red and anyone with common sense would know I have been crying. I open google and search for what I can do.

Here's what you do: Run cold water, stick your fingers under the tap, and then gently pat cold water underneath your eyes, where it's all puffy. This cools you down and constricts the blood vessels under your eyes that are causing tattletale swelling. Splash some cold water on your wrists, too.

I do as it says and wait for some time. I don't completely look normal but I am pretty sure no one will notice. Taking a deep breath, I come out of the restroom.

"Where were you?" Ava asks when I walk to the cafeteria line. I have no appetite for food. I think of an excuse quickly.

"Library. Sorry, I completely lost the track of time." Judging by her looks, I think she believes me. I don't want to sit at the table same as Jackson's but I have no other option. I follow Ava to the table.

"Where's your tray?" Samantha asks.

"I'm not hungry," I tell her with a forced smile. My heart hasn't slowed down and I feel like I'm still trembling a little. I feel eyes on me, Jackson's eyes. I don't look at him but at the table in front of us as Ava talks about a movie she watched yesterday.

All I can think about is- what is he going to do to me tomorrow?

I think about telling everything to Ava but I don't think she will believe me. After all, she is completely oblivious to Jackson's facade. No one can get me out of this mess.

The whole day feels long. I end up skipping all the classes. At some point, I fall asleep on the washroom floor, the janitor wakes me up. There's no point of staying in the school anymore so I think about going home.

I rush through the hallway as I wipe the tears from my cheeks. However, I bump into someone but before I can fall a hand wraps itself around my waist and pulls me to a strong chest.

I look at the owner of the hand in fear but relax slightly when I realize that it's not Jackson.

"Watch where you are fucking goin- Venus, what's wrong?" Ace says, his scary tone changing into a serious one as he catches sight of me and pulls me to him before I fall into the ground. He wipes a stray tear that rolls down my cheek with his thumb. His brown eyes fill with worry, a frown making its way as he looks into my eyes.

I wish I could tell him everything.

But I can't risk it.

Btw, he's still somewhat a stranger

Btw, he's still somewhat a stranger. Y'all should stop hating on her because she wouldn't tell Ace everything.