twenty six (bonus)

A small bonus chapter not only because Ace and Venus deserve it but also as a thank you for your love and support. 30K in a month? I would have never imagined ♡

. . .

I rub my sweaty hands on my jeans clad thighs for the thirteenth time that hour.

"Are you sure?" I ask softly.

"Yes."

"I mean, do you really want to?"

"Yes, kitten."

"But-" I am cut off with a throaty groan. I turn my head to the side and look at Ace nervously. His gaze momentarily leaves the road and stays on my face before going back to the road.

"I really don't care what people think, okay? If anything, I want every fucking human to see us together," he says softly. I sigh and look outside wondering what the reaction of people would be.

I again find myself looking at him. His brown hair is touselled to the side, making him look so good. His eyes stay on the road and I am reminded of how striking he looks with that serious expression on his face.

"Ace?"

"Yeah baby?"

"You remember my first day at school?" I try to drift my mind away.

"Of course, kitten. You looked fucking adorable. And lost, like a kitten," he grins. I giggle softly, so that's where the nickname comes from.

"How did you know where I was? You saved me from those guys but how did you find me?"

"I saw you going the wrong way and I had a bad feeling," Ace says. I laugh when his ears turn the lightest shade of pink.

"And...." I drawl out knowing there was something else.

"I might have followed you," he mumbles. I laugh loudly and lean to kiss him in his very pink ears. Who knew this man could be so cute?

My forgotten nervousness again returns when Ace pulls the car inside the school. Once he parks, he asks me to stay there. He gets out and opens my door. I feel heat creep on my neck when his hands wrap around mine and we walk inside the school, hand in hand.

"Uh... Ace," I mumble stupidly, "everyone's looking."

Ace looks down at me and gives a boyish smile before leaning down and pecking my lips. I gasp loudly earning a low chuckle from him.

"I hope everyone saw that too, my kitten," he whispers in my ear and we start walking to the locker. Every eyes are on us now and my face feels hot like an inferno. I catch the sight of my friends- Ava, Sam and Blake looking at me with huge grins on their faces.

He waits patiently while I take out my books for the first class. English literature. I smile at the memories fondly, the same class that brought Ace and I together.

However, I see some movements from my peripheral vision. I turn my head to the side and find Noah looking at me, more like glaring at Ace and I. Once I look at him, his eyes widen and he runs away. Literally.

I turn around and face Ace.

"What was that?"

Ace shrugs innocently in reply and I am reminded of how Noah had never shown up at the date and Ace had something to do with it.

"What did you do Ace," I fully turn around and put one of my hands on my waist.

"What?" He again questions innocently. Too innocently. I give him a glare and walk away before slamming the locker loudly.