Chapter 2

It's only been a week since I transferred to this school, and I'm already exhausted. I never asked to be all chummy with the school's number two idol. Let me tell you, the bastard hates it too.

Adrien only kept an eye on me because he was asked to by Uncle Camille. Since I was a foreigner, he was worried if I'd fit in with the rest and ever so sweetly asked his stupid nephew to give me a hand occasionally. 

Bad move.

Ever since the first day, when he came to fetch me for lunch, half the female population in my class started giving me the cold shoulder. The heck? It's not my fault he appears when the lunch break bell rings or that he walks to school with me. We live under the same roof for jinxies sake!
The whole living-together had become THE-NEWS of the school. And before long, I had girls from other classes and even seniors coming to check who this girl who stole their prince charming was.

Grumbling I pull out my chemistry textbook and pencil case. Walking through the hallway with every single eye on me was super exhausting.

"You seem to be in a good mood."

Looking up with a frown, I notice Ninnon standing there with a smile. Over the week the two of us had hit off. I know I didn't come here to make friends, but she wasn't like any other girl here. Not too outspoken, nor bitchy but with a unique smartness and gentleness, she easily won me over.

"From which angle, do I seem to be in a good mood?" I ask her as she sets her bag on the ground beside her chair. She gives me a shrug and before she could say anything more, there appears the other nuisance who had me feeling exhausted.

"Ameliaaaaaaa!" Pierre shouts rushing towards me, in full-speed. I had come to terms that his goofiness is not a facade but a part of his easy-going personality.

Throwing his bag over my head, he crushes me with a mama-bear hug. Ninnon rolls her eyes as she pulls her books out of her bag.

"Do that again, and I swear I'll throw your bag out the window, Pierre," I snap at him, pushing his hands aside. Laughing, he ignores me and skips to where Ethan was.

Ethan Beckham was the popular guy in class. With his lustrous, tousled brown hair, hazel eyes and a tall built figure, the girls in the class considered him a gift from God. I would have thrown him to the playboy category if he had been a guy with just his looks. Unfortunately, he was smart too. Oh, and he happened to be Pierre's childhood friend.

"You're staring far too long Amelia."

Shit!

Ninnon didn't have to be so loud. This caught Ethan's attention, and he looked my way. Our eyes meet, but I soon turn around.

"Next time, warn me before you do something stupid," I grumble to which Ninnon only gives me a playful smile.

"Alright, kids. Back to your seats." Miss Valerie barks as she enters the classroom. Everyone shuffled to their seats. "That goes for you as well Vivienne. Get off of Ethan's desk and for the love of God, pull down your skirt and button your shirt!"