Chapter 12

God! Why do these luggage weigh so much? I can't believe I had practically packed my entire room when I'd first moved out of my home back in America. I mean wasn't I in a breakdown state?

Shit! My arms. I should do workouts to get my arms buffed up, just to carry this stupid stuff!

Where in blazes are my knights in sweaty pants and shirts!?

"Give me that. Your panting like a freaking rhino."

Here he is. At long last. At least one of them is here. I scowl at Ethan.

"Where the hell were you!? I had to drag these all the way down here, with God's grace not tripping and breaking my neck, and now you waltz in demanding to carry them?" I let out a huff in annoyance.

"Pierre's car broke down at the perfect time. I had to run a good fifteen minutes to get here. Sorry for the delay, Princess." He said with clenched teeth.

Oops. He's mad.

Now that I see him more clearly, he actually is covered in sweat and taking in big gulps of breaths to even out his ragged breathing.

Real smooth Amelia. Real smooth.

Right at that moment barging into the house with his arms already wide open was the guy with the broken car.

"Ameliaaaaaaaa!"

I grab the duffel bag I'd thrown to the ground earlier and lift it high enough to hit his face.

"Get any closer and I can't guarantee the safety of that so-called adorable face."

That brings him to a stop. I heave a sigh rubbing my temple.

Then I break a smile. I'm going to miss this guy.

His annoying way of yelling my name at the top of his voice. His ridiculous deadly, almost choking-me hugs. Cheeky yet friendly smiles. I'm going miss them all.

So was I going to miss Ethan's big brotherly attitude and always-to-the-rescue personality.

Ethan seemed to have noticed my unease and manages to free his right hand and pat my head with his big palm, showing me a smile all the way.

"Everything is going to be alright."

I give him a solemn nod and let out one final sigh. Let's get on with it.

I throw a few bags at Pierre who catches them smoothly, and I walk out with my own bags to load them all into Uncle Cam's car.

It was a school day. The exams were all over but our High school held two days of extra sessions in school before closing for vacation. But Uncle Cam took a day off to see me off. So did Ethan, Pierre, and... ah! There she is!

"Why in the world is this guy's car parked in your driveway in such an annoying way that I had to park mine a few feet away?" Grumbles Ninnon as she walks in, pointing an accusing finger at Pierre who was already sending daggers through his eyes her way.

"Made it just in time babe," I say dropping a single bag on her hand.

What? Help out the poor best friend now would you?

She chuckles as she lifts the bag strap to her shoulder.

"Look at you. Already talking like a true American."

I raise a brow at her.

"What have I been talking like all this time? Like I came from the Shakespearean time? My Fair Lady?"

She cracks up at the latter and I couldn't stop a fit of giggles myself.

"All cleared up?" she asks looking at all the stuff we were carrying. I was about to sigh but then stop myself from doing so.