Chapter 17

I get to my feet, dropping the lid on the pantry table. I'm scared to turn around. Afraid to face the person standing behind me.

Why? I'd like to know myself.

"Mia?" he called out once more.

Clasping and unclasping my fists, wiping my sweaty palms on my skirt, I'm about to turn around when a set of strong arms wrap around me from behind.

"Mia." He sighs in relief.

His voice so close, his breath tickled my ear.

Am I breathing? Oh god, I forgot how to breathe.

His arms tighten, holding me close to him. What's going on? Isn't he supposed to be mad? Were we close; enough to hug each other so passionately?

More importantly, aren't I supposed to hate him? For the way, he treated me the last time?

I pry his hands from me and take a step away from him. I throw him a glare. He ignores that and takes a step in front, closing what little gaps between us.

"What are you doing here?" he asks and I could do nothing but stare at his well-sculptured face in shock.

Really Adrien? What I'm doing here?

"Oh right, sorry for barging into your house once again. Please bear with me. I'll stay away from your view." I snap at him.

What? I'm fucking hurt to the core people!

What was that I said earlier? Live life happily? Yeah right.

He stares at me in bewilderment. Like I'd just punched him in the gut.

"What are you saying?" he asks as if genuinely confused.

Of course, my existence meant nothing to him, duh he'd forget all about me and what had happened between us.

"You don't even bother yourself to know if I'm doing alright. I know you hated me to the very end before I left, but the least you could have done was check in on me. But no, you were so busy with your perfect life, you didn't dare look at someone like me." I snap. If he thinks he can treat me that way and let it all be forgotten with a hug, he's damn dead wrong.

A flash of hurt crosses in his eyes then burns with anger.

"Oh, so you keep something as huge as you going back to America from me, and you expected me to what? Coddle up to you and pretend everything was alright? Well sorry to burst your bubble, but I have feelings too Miss I'm-always-right. I felt betrayed." The latter came out in a pained whisper.

"Adrien..."

"Wait, before that. What the hell are you doing here? As in, Lyon?" he asks his previous question once again.

I stare at him blankly. Is he picking a fight with me?

"When... when did you get back? Why wasn't I informed?"

Wait... what?

What the hell?

"You didn't know I was coming?" this time I'm shell shocked.

"Do I freaking look like I know what the bloody hell is going on!?" okay, he's pissed. "Why am I always left out damnit?"

"Um..."

Yeah Brilliant Amelia. The 'umm' answers his questions.

He let out a sigh, running his hand through his dark locks. Then his mesmerizing emerald orbs lock onto my grey ones. A type of intensity passing between us, which felt awkward, while at the same time felt comfortable. Homey.