Chapter 10

I didn't know a single call could ruin happiness. But that's what happened to me. Shattered my newfound bliss.

Adrien and I grew much closer ever since he confessed everything to the President and Esmee. We were totally on good terms. Surprisingly, good enough to go out and grab a bite or for a match or two of bowling and arcade.

Which was more of a shock to me, than happiness?

I mean weren't we fighting and jumping at each other's throat just a while back? And now we happen to miraculously be BFF's or something. Not that I minded it of course. It felt good. Spending time with the jerk face who was less of a jerk face now.

That doesn't mean I've stopped sabotaging his precious omelets! I'm not that of a good girl.

Wow, immature much Amelia?

Adrien even makes me his special Panko and Parmesan-Crusted Cod Fillets (mouth-watering... mmm) when I want to eat it. I don't have to be heartbroken and a sappy crybaby to have him make the dish for me.

Apart from being weird with his good naturedliness (if that's even a word!) towards me, he's doing pretty good if not more at school. To begin with he's a smartass with a very high IQ. So it's not a surprise it took him only a few referring of pages to get back to the top of the class!

All was well and everyone is happy and unicorns and sunshine.

So why am I locked up in my room bawling my eyes out like I just heard news the world's coming to an end?

"Amelia, Honey-pie. You need to come out of there." Aunt Felicity's worried voice penetrated through the closed door.

Just leave me alone!

I wanted to scream at someone or something at least.

"Amelia? I'm getting really worried out here Hun."

Aunt Felicity didn't do any wrong. So why am I acting like some bitch hurting a lady who's only trying to comfort me?

Dragging myself off of the messy bed, I trudge towards the door. Sighing aloud I stare at the mirror and suck in a breath.

I look hideous! Like some girl after a major breakup.