Chapter 18

Harriet High loomed ahead of me in all its glory. I thought Mectro high was home? Hell, Harriet is family then!

That's the weird sensation that ran through me when I entered the school gates.

Ah! How I've missed these French stares.

I walk side by side to Adrien, who was talking about something, but I was busy taking in the surrounding like some new kid.

Well, I am a new kid, at least to the first years who had joined Harriet high after I'd left. To them, I was this new girl who had stolen their prince charming.

How I'm so sure? Puh-lease, they've identical glares to the girls who graced me with their death glares before I left to America.

I look to my left at the boy who continues walking, without a single care to the world. Totally oblivious to what's happening.

"Ameliaaaaa."

Do I even need to say his name? The world knows by now who drags my name so ridiculously.

And what comes after he calls out to me.

Pierre runs to where I am and throws his arms around me, his face lighted up with his adorable grin.

Geezus. Who could ever get mad at him?

You Amelia. You're the only human who would.

Thank you conscience for reminding me.

I'd been so occupied with Pierre, I hadn't noticed Ninnon and Ethan standing before me.

Ethan pried his best friend away from me, and Ninnon took his spot to give me a quick hug.

"It's so great seeing you in uniform." She remarks and I couldn't stop myself from breaking out a chuckle.

We might have met the previous day, but the four of us were excited as if meeting for the first time.

"Ignore me like I don't exist." A voice mumbles from beside me.

Oh!

Adrien was fuming, what with Pierre pushing him out of the way with his hug.

"Oh my." I fake British-accent. "I didn't know you wanted my attention so badly."

That got him. He threw me a glare, ruffled my perfectly styled hair, and walked ahead leaving me grumbling at how messy my hair is now.

Jerk!

Of course, Pierre wouldn't care what a girl thought of her appearance. Without giving me a chance for a stop at the restroom, he drags me straight to class.

Do I get mad? Nope.

Heck, I wanna get to class fast too.

Pierre makes a grand entrance yelling "She's back" at the top of his voice, I bet the entire school must be wondering who this 'She' is.

The first one to look our way and make a run towards me was gentle Florence. The girl is badass I tell you. She literally pushed the guys who were in her way to get to me.

"Amalia." Her voice so excited I couldn't keep myself from hugging the petite girl tightly. One after the other excluding Vivienne and crew, everyone gathered around us, all talking in sync it was hard to get what was said.

Theo was beyond happy. I swear if his happiness is so that I'd do his duties, I'm kicking him out.

"What's all this unwanted ruckus?" demanded a voice from behind us. Everyone turned to look at who it was and found a ticked off Ms. Valerie, a frown adorning a face.