Chapter 9

A week passed with a breeze, ever since Adrien and I had a heart to heart talk. Well more precisely him coughing out all his regrets, and secrets, but still, it's a heart to heart right? Adrien was starting to get back to his usual cocky self.

But there were moments when he'd show another side to me. A sweeter side, other than his arrogance. Like in the school hallway, or by the stairs leading to the second and first years, he'd throw a light smile my way or a breezy wave. Which goddamn annoyingly stirred my heart. Those tiny movements made me soar high.

Like what the hell?

Adrien had a heated conversation with Uncle Cam, which wasn't anything pleasant. Uncle Cam had been beyond furious. More at himself for being so ignorant to his nephew's problems than at Adrien. Everything was kept a secret from Adrien's parents of course.

God knows what would happen if they were aware of the shitty situation.

With some calls here and there, those bastards who had tried hurting Esmee, and had made Adrien do the unthinkable, were caught and it looks like Esmee wasn't the only victim. So were plenty of other innocent girls. All proof was destroyed, freeing these girls and so Adrien was set free in the process as well, and thus him going back to his usual life being the delinquent yet good kid.

What bothers me now is the way I'm acting. I find myself always searching for Adrien.

Am I still concerned for him? Maybe I'm being a little paranoid?

"Earth to Amelia. Yoo-hoo. Anyone in there?" A voice disrupts my thoughts. Who else would it be beside the lovely Pierre?

"Would you stop screaming in my ear?" I snap at the boy bouncing in front of me, on our way to the cafeteria.

And stop bouncing while you're at it dufess!

"It's a million years too early for him to stop acting like a child." Ninnon sighs from beside me, pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose with the index finger. Pierre, having heard her, turns back and ladies and gentlemen the Ninnon-Pierre argument session begins!

Ethan chuckles from beside me at the two of their antics. Surprisingly, or not the four of us clicked really well and always found ourselves with each other. I, of course, welcomed them with open arms, especially during lunch breaks since...

"Where are you going looking so happy?"