Chapter 14

"All good over there? Anyone's ass that needs a kicking?" Ninnon asks as a loud yawn escapes her lips.

"Girl, you need to get your ass off the freaking chair and dump it on the freaking bed, and get a freaking good sleep!" Geez, it's freaking 2 a.m. in France. I can't believe she insists to keep on talking.

It's been five months since I moved back to America. As days passed by, it had gotten difficult to keep in touch and the past few days we couldn't talk to each other at all. Which is why this crazy girl is hell-bent on staying up all night if she has to, just so she could talk to me!

Sighing I look at my girlfriend whose eyelids were drooping shut.

"Get some sleep Ninnon. You've got just six hours to sleep, before heading to school." I say slightly worried. Ninnon is a smart girl. I don't want to be the cause for her health deterioration, nor her failing any class.

"Alright, alright worry-wart. I'll head to bed. Stop chasing me so much." Ninnon sits up straight, stretching her arms. We say our goodbyes and switch the laptop shut. I slide back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. The tiny stars on the ceiling of my room, blinking and twinkling a silvery glow.

Once again, no news on Adrien huh.

Not once, had he come by the second year's floor to ask Ninnon, Ethan, or Pierre about me. Ever since the three graduated to the second year of high school, in French Terms, La Premiere, Adrien never engaged in any conversation with them what-so-ever. Evan and Esmee had occasionally inquired about me, but never the jerk.

I grab my pillow and hug it tight, trying desperately to make the pain in my chest go away. Why am I feeling so awful?

I raise both my hands and slap either side of my face. Hard.

"Pull yourself together Amelia. You have enough shit to worry about."

A-Hole Noah kept getting in my way. Bumping into me in the hallway and then apologizing flirtatiously, inviting me for lunch, trying to run his stinky-venom fingers all over my arms. I'm pleased with myself for twisting his fingers the other way when he tried to touch my face.

Ryan and Heath have been controlling themselves from beating the crap out of the guy. It'll just lead to Noah being the victim, with Ryan and Heath being the assaulters, who might end up suspended.

I'm at my limit though, bearing whatever pranks he keeps pulling. One of these days, I might end up beating the shit out of the guy myself. Who gives a fuck on suspension?

Leaving the jerk aside, the rumors hadn't stopped. The girl who abandoned her friend or Best friend of a loser slut kept circling around the school.

The girls snicker when I walk by, the guys try to console me with winks and air kisses. If it weren't for my friends and a couple of other kids who were true supporters, and of course the teachers who somehow were on my side, I would have completely lost it.

It's not easy coming back to a life I threw away.

Turning to the side, I stare at the photo frame Ninnon had gifted me as a parting present. A photo of the four of us, standing by the Parc de la Tete d'Or, the largest urban park in the country, with its own zoo and botanical garden.

Ninnon and I were standing close, holding a box of popcorn each, with Pierre and Ethan at the back. Pierre was trying to steal a few popcorns from Ninnon, and she was pushing his face away, when the friendly tourist guy we asked to take a picture of us, clicked the camera.

I smile back at the memory. It had been a fun day filled with jokes, and laughter.

A tear drops on my bedspread as I continue staring at the Picture frame.