E I G H T E E N

I sit with Natasha in the jet as we go to Germany where Loki has been spotted, Steve fights him but Loki puts up his hands and surrenders when Ironman arrives.

"Said anything?" Nick asks over the radio, "Not a word." Natasha replies as I watch Loki in interest, he was sat there smiling at the ground and then as if he feels me looking his eyes meet mine. He raises his eyebrows and smirks probably expecting me to look away. But I don't, I keep the stare and raise my own eyebrows as if to ask him what?

"I don't like it." Steve says pulling my attention from the Asgaurdian. "What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asks, "I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop." Steve says making me have to hold in my laughter, I forgot that people actually used to use words like that. "Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?" Steve looks confused, "What?" He asks his eyes finding mine. "It's like calisthenics." I explain, "You might have missed a couple things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle." Tony adds making Steve look at him unimpressed.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in." Steve says making Tony shrug, "Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you." I sit and watch him for a moment of spent all my time trying to make sure I'd never see him yet here we were sat mere metres from  each other,

Thunder and lightning nearly hit the jet, making it shake violently also taking my attention of tony and back to Loki, "Where's this coming from?" Natsahsa asks, by the look on Loki's face I'd say that he knew.

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" I ask him as he stares out of the window intently. He tears his eyes from the window to meet mine, "I'm not overly fond of what follows." He answers, making me think, if this was supposedly Loki god of mischief, well I remember him having a brother called Thor, who was god of thunder.

Suddenly who I'm guessing is Thor opens the ramp and grabs Loki by the throat and flies out. Steve and Tony are left dumbstruck, Tony puts his helmet on. "Now there's that guy." He says in annoyance, "Another Asgardian?" Natasha asks, "I think they're brothers." I say, "Think the guy's a friendly?" Steve asks and I shrug, "Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost." Tony says as he turns and gets ready to jump off the jet to chase after Thor. "Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Steve says, "I have a plan. Attack." He says jumping out.

Steve grabs a parachute to follow. "I'd sit this one out, Cap." Natasha tells Steve who shakes his head, "I don't see how I can." He replies, "These guys come from legends, they're basically gods." She says trying to persuade him, but I knew he wouldn't sway from his decision,  he was too stubborn. "There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that." He says before jumping.

"You're not going to join them?" Natasha asks as I shake my head, "there's too much testosterone there for me, they'll figure things out." I shrug making her smile.

• • •

We all just kinda sit in silence after listening to Fury's interrogation of Loki. "He really grows on you, doesn't he?" Bruce says breaking the silence. "Loki's gonna drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asks, "He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard or any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract." He explains, "An army? From outer space?" That's fun. "So he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce says making Thor look over, "Selvig?" He asks, "He's an astrophysicist." Bruce tells him mistaking Thor's question, I think Thor knew him, "He's a friend." Well I was right.

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours." Natasha adds, "I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve says, "well if he has them mind controlled he doesn't really need to be with them does he?" I ask, "I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him."

"Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason, but he is of Asgard, and he's my brother." Thor says in offence, "He killed eighty people in two days." Natasha deadpans making my eyes widen, "He's adopted." Well then, Tony then walks in and exposes an agent for playing galaga in stead of doing his job before starts talking science making me zone out, I didn't care nor did I understand so what was the point.

"Dr. Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." Nick says walking in and making me pay attention again, "Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve says, "I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Nick says making Thor confused.

"Monkeys? I do not understand." He says looking around at us, "I do! I understood that reference." Steve says excitedly looking to me as Tony rolls his eyes, I smile back at Steve who looks proud of himself.

"Shall we play, doctor?" Tong asks Bruce, "Let's play some." As Banner and Tony walk out, the Galaga player turns ever so discreetly, watches as everyone else disperses and goes back to playing. "I saw that." I say to him making him jump, "it's ok though, I'd do the same thing." I shrug before also leaving.