FORTY EIGHT

Since Thor had joined the fight it was going so much better, it looked like we actually had a chance at winning now. My eyebrows furrowed as the floor began to vibrate like an earthquake was happening, I turned my head to the side to see these sets of massive, motorized spiked wheels, intended for nothing more than shredding everything in their paths. And they were rolling right towards us.

"Fall back! Fall back now!" T'Challa shouts to us all but I was already doing that. As I'm running I get pulled down by an alien I freeze it quickly but it's too late I'm not gonna be able to outrun this set which is so fricken close to me, shit I don't wanna die.

"Rosalie!" I catch Bucky's eye from across the battlefield he's trying his hardest to get to me but we're so far apart he'll never make it and I'll be shredded by the time he does.

Shit what do I do? I can't run I can't freeze them because there's a few of them and they're so damn big but I can't die. I can't leave Bucky and I don't want to I just got him back properly. Well it's too late the thresher is seconds away from me. "Rosalie!" Bucky screams out more urgently, I guess this was it. "I love you." I tell him before I face forwards and close my eyes. God I just hoped it would be quick and painless.

I feel the tears roll down my cheeks as my heart hammers I thought people were supposed to feel ready and at peace for this. I most definitely did not feel ready for this but I swallow and brace myself for the impact.

I open my eyes after a second because nothing was happening? I wasn't dead instead my body was glowing? My body was really fucking glowing, the blue that usually could only be seen on my stomach covered me completely, it looked like the bioluminescence you could find in some oceans.

I steadied my breathing making my skin go back to normal as I took in the shattered wheels around me. "Rosalie." Suddenly I'm pulled into Bucky's embrace, "I thought I was going to lose you." He says as I hold him so thankful that I could. "Oh my god I'm so glad I'm ok." I breath out making him chuckle. "How did you do that?" He asks after we let go, "what did I do?" Damn I should of left my eyes open, "you obliterated them with just one touch." He tells him in awe, "I did?" I wish I could've seen that. "Please don't scare me like that again." He pleads making me nod, "I'd never, my god I love you so much." I say  before quickly kissing him. "I love you too now stay safe." He says before we both return to the battle.

"Guys, we got a Vision situation here." Sam tells us before he's tackled by a leaping Outrider and grounded. "Somebody get to Vision!" Steve shouts urgently. "I got him!" Bruce says as he has finally figured out the Hulkbusters repulsor thrusters and makes a beeline for the android.

"On my way." Wanda also replies before I watch as she is clobbered by that female alien and rolls down into the large ditch, I quickly find myself running to help her as she seems to be unresponsive. "He'll die alone. As will you." The alien says as she jumps down to land beside Wanda. "She's not alone." Nat replies from the side making the alien turn to face her before turning to the other side to see Okoye as she silently brandishes her spear on the other side of and nods at Black Widow. "But it seems you are." I say from behind making the alien considerably more nervous than she had been as she glances between the three of us.

She then leaps for Nat , who has joined her sticks into a full staff. She blocks the blow with an electrical crackle while Okoye runs around the slope to also attack from the front.

Nat splits her staff back into a pair of sticks to block the sword blows, and finally knocks it from her hand. The alien takes to her bare fists instead, knocks down and pins Nat. She then triggers an arm-blade from her left-arm armor, and stabs at Nat, who barely manages to block the blade with her crossed sticks. I push the alien off of Nat the two of us fighting hand to hand before I pin her down, she punches me in the face and then switches us over.

"Time to say goodbye." She hisses at me before I grab her face, "goodbye." I say as I begin to boil her from the inside out, it was mega painful but I figured she deserved it. She starts to scream and tries to stab me in the neck but Wanda's scarlet energy grabs the alien and tosses her into the air right as she explodes her body reaching boiling point.

Grimacing as her dark blue blood spatters down onto us. Wanda sits up, sighing with relief, her hands still shimmering. "That was really gross." Nat says turning to me as I also sit up, "you got a bit." I tell her gesturing to where the blood was on her face.

"Everyone, on my position. We have incoming." Steve tells us, as majority of us join him. "What the hell." Nat murmurs as we look up at the sky. We see the blue-black clouds of a Space Stone relocation just before Thanos steps forward, "Cap. That's him."

"Eyes up. Stay sharp." Bruce reaches Thanos first, lunging forward fist-first -- but Thanos uses the Space Stone on him, renders him immaterial until the Hulkbuster is half-buried in the stone of the cliff behind him, and freezes Bruce in place. Steve is sent flying by purple energy before he even gets to strike a single blow.The Black Panther, armor fully charged kinetically, leaps high and with claws extended, but is easily grabbed by the throat and punched to the ground, his armor discharging violently. Sam stoops, strafing with both Steyr pistols, but is felled when his wings become rubbery and unable to sustain flight. War Machine joins the fight, firing his guns at Thanos until he uses the gauntlet to crush his armor around him and toss him aside.

Bucky runs in firing, and is punched away by the Power Stone. Okoye activates the Vibranium-powered elements on her spear and flings it; Power stops it inches from Thanos, and throws her and it aside while wrapping the Black Widow in inescapable bands of earth. I try and freeze him to the ground but he uses the stones to turn the ice back to water fairly quickly. The tree stabs his hands into the ground to wrap Thanos in cables of roots, which he breaks easily.

I look at Wanda for a second as she watches all this over one shoulder, and turns back to Vision to add her left hand to her tearful effort. Steve then slides under one blow and comes up swinging his deployed arm-shields, punching Thanos in the gut and chin. He grabs the gauntlet, keeping Thanos' fingers un-clenched. Thanos looks very briefly impressed at Captain America's efforts as he screams before slamming a fist into his head and rendering him insensible.

When he was distracted with Steve I got behind him and dropped onto his shoulders I squeeze my legs very tightly hoping to choke him but he has a fat neck and it's pretty hard. He tries to get me off but I hold on for dear life with my legs as I grab his head, freezing him wouldn't work so I guess I'd have to boil him I just hoped it'd be too painful for him to be able to move.

He screams out as I increase the temperature and tries desperately to get me off, I dodge his hits and so he then uses the power stone to send me flying.

I groan as I get up my head pounding, "Where'd he go? Thor... where'd he go?" I hear Steve ask as I make my way over and look around, Thanos was gone and Thor looked defeated. What had happened?

"Steve, Rosie?" Both Steve and I turn at Bucky's voice, his hand it was disappearing, he was disappearing. I run towards him as he stumbles over and drops his gun. "Bucky!" He falls into me but as a pile of ashes. I fall the ground in shock touching the ashes that I was covered in. What the hell? Where was he? No not this again. I couldn't be losing him no, I can't help but start crying. I felt like screaming I couldn't handle this I just got him back. It wasn't fair please, this couldn't be happening.

Steve, Thor, Rhodey, Bruce, the racoon and I are left mourning near Vision's dead body. Captain America turns over Vision's bleached corpse as Nat runs up to us. "What is this? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey asks but no one answers I'm still sat on the ground crying silently at my hands that were covered in the ashes Bucky left behind. "Oh, God."

Whew this is one longggggg chapter