FORTY

Steve and I stride  through an underpass, before we spot the chopper, we begin running to it when an electro-disabler slams onto it making Steve and I look up. Tony and Rhodey fly down before dropping before us.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" He asks Rhodes, "Definitely weird." He agrees. "Hear me out, Tony. That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Steve tries to tell Tony, Then suddenly T'Challa  hops over a truck to the side of us. "Captain." He greets, "Your highness."

"Anyway, Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony asks us, "You're after the wrong guy." I tell him making him scoff, "Your judgment is askew." I shake my head, "he's innocent." He scoffs again this time with a bit of a laugh, "of course you'd say that, you want to protect him." I look at him seriously, "I'm not a liar." I try, "no you're a runner and a coward."

"Your little boyfriend killed innocent people yesterday, I mean just look at what he did to your neck." He says making me look away, "there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't." Steve intervenes as I bite down and try and keep myself calm, he wasn't going to listen to us. "Steve, Rosalie. . . you know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?" Natasha asks as she too joins us.

"All right, I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Suddenly a man in a red and blue suit shoots what looks like spider webbing, he takes Steve's shield and has us both webbed up before he lands. "Nice job, kid." Tony praises, "Thanks. Well, I could've stuck the landing a little better. It's just the new suit... Well, it's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's--it's perfect. Thank you." My eyes widen as I listen to him speak, that was not a man that was a child why was there a child here? It was so not safe.

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation." Tony tries to stop his speaking, "Okay. Cap . . . Captain. Big fan, you too miss burns. I'm Spider-Man." He says, "Yeah, we'll talk about it later. Just . . ." Tony trails off as he speaks again, "Hey, everyone." The kid waves slightly awkwardly. "Good job."

"You've been busy." Steve notes, "And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint. 'Rescuing' Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep . . . I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart." I look between the two men, "You did that when you signed." Ouch that was harsh, way harsher than necessary. "Alright, We're done. You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us. NOW! Because it's us! Or a squad of J-SOC guys . . . with no compunction about being impolite." I feel bad as I hear the desperation in Tony's voice, he was doing what he thought was right, and he wasn't necessarily wrong but we had to stop the doctor, with or without his help.

"Come on." He says desperately as Steve looks away, "Burns please." He pleads making me feel so incredibly bad, I see the effect this is having on him, "Tony I wish we could but-" he shakes his head. "We found it. Their Quinjet's in hanger five, north runway." Sam informs over the radio. Steve then  holds his hands up for Clint shoot the web as I freeze mine off. "Alright, Lang."

"Hey, guys, something . . ." The kid says before Scott returns to regular size kicking him in the face as he flips off the bus and hands Steve his shield back. "I believe this is yours, Captain America." He says making tony sigh. "Oh, great. Alright, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you want to take Cap?"

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes." My head snaps up as I watch T'Challa's do the same. "Barnes is mine!" He yells before running for him. I chase after him quickly catching up and grabbing him from behind to stop him. He flips me over his shoulder, I land harshly on the ground but I can't let that stop me, "your highness, please listen to me." I say but he doesn't instead he swings I narrowly duck the claws and instead make the floor icy before I sweep his legs, he falls to the ground with a thud unable to stand with all the ice.

I spot Rhodey from behind and so I shoot ice at him making him go flying back as Steve engages with T'Challa. He tries to shoot at me but I shield myself and freeze his legs to the ground. I didn't like doing that to normal people because it was so painful and could end up killing the limbs to the point that amputation was needed, but since he was in his suit he would be fine.

I then end up face to face with Nat, both of us hesitate waiting for the other to make the first move, "I'm sorry." She eventually says before lunging for me, "no I am." I huff grabbing onto her, she punched me in the head making me wince as she tries to break my grip but I use my ice to my advantage to make her lose her footing so that I could flip her onto the ground. She grabs my leg as she's down but I cover it in a layer of ice making her let go unable for handle the cold, I guess it was good that it didn't bother me.

Scott and Steve then throw a truck in our direction, I just about save myself in time whilst pushing Nat out of the way with the three of them disorientated I join Steve and Scott as we begin to run towards where the quinjet was, the rest of the team meeting up with us.

We're so close that we can see the quinjet when all of a sudden a fizzing stream of energy slices across the runway making us stop as this thing hovers above, what the fuck was that?

"Captain Rogers. I know you believe what you're doing is right. But for the collective good you must surrender now." He says as Tony's team arrives as I'm stood there staring at them I realise something, where was Thor and Bruce?

"What do we do, Cap?" Sam asks as we all stare each other down. "We fight." He tells us simply as we begin to stride towards each other, this was just great I really didn't want to hurt any of the people across from us, especially not the kid.

Once we get closer we all break into a sprint everyone beginning to fight each other.