FIFTY NINE

Peter stays attached to me after the battle and so I decide to take him home. "Come on." I urge breaking the hug, "we've got to get you to?" Who was even waiting for him, "my aunt." He murmurs weakly I nod. "Peter," he looks up at me as I wipe his tears, "you do know that you have nothing to be sorry for right?" I ask remembering his final words to Tony. He doesn't answer, "you don't." I tell him before spotting Bucky.

"I'm sorry, I can make my own way home." Peter says noticing what had caught my eye, "hey don't be ridiculous I'm taking you, you must be exhausted." I say, "just wait a minute?" I ask and he nods. "If I find out you've left without me I'll be after you parker." I say only partly threatening making him smile slightly.

"Finally." Bucky says as he spots me. "Finally but I have to take Peter home first." His eyebrows furrow until he follows my line of sight to see the kid sat hunched over crying into his hands. He nods, "you coming with?" I ask and he nods, "I don't care what we do I just never wanna be apart from you again." He says making me smile slightly as I lean up to quickly kiss his cheek.

"Hey Peter you ready?" He nods and wipes his eyes quickly as he stands. "Y-yes thank you miss Burns." He says, "miss burns?" I asks as I wrap an arm around his shoulder, "sorry Rosalie." He says leaning into me slightly, "ah it's ok, you can call me Rosie you know? Only my closest friends do." I say making him smile slightly. "I hope you don't mind that Bucky is joining us." I inform him as we begin to near the former assassin. "No that's ok." Peter murmurs completely out of it which was understandable he was just a kid and he just watched one of the closest people in his life die. "Hi Mr Barnes." Peter greets as Bucky frowns sympathetically at him, "hey kid." He says patting his shoulder awkwardly.

• • •

I glance behind at Peter as he sleeps in the back of the car. "He'll be ok." Bucky tells me soothingly making me nod and force a smile, "I know." I smiled at the peace on Peter's face as soft breaths left his parted lips, he looked extra childlike right now, very innocent with nothing disturbing him. The way he was napping reminded me of the way my own son slept it was the childlike innocence he had around him.

I look at Bucky for a second knowing that I needed to tell him about Dean, I just didn't know how he was going to take it. "What?" He asks with a soft smile as he notices me looking, "nothing."'I smile back, "I'm just so glad to have you back." He lifts our joined hands and kisses the back of mine. "Hopefully it's true this time when I say that I'm never leaving you." I crack a smile, "third times the charm." I say making him chuckle and nod.

• • •

"Do you not have a key?" I ask as Peter's aunt May doesn't seem to be home, then a woman comes running up the stairs frantically. "Oh thank god!" She cries out pulling Peter into a hug and peppering his face with kisses, I grin as he laughs slightly. "Aunt May this is-"

"I know who she is." She says before sending me a warm smile, "I just wanted to make sure that Peter got home ok." I tell her making her smile even warmer, "thank you." She says pulling me into a hug of my own. "Do you want to come in?" She asks, "oh I would but I have to but I have people waiting for me." I tell her making her nod in understanding, "come by anytime." She offers, "do you have a pen?" I ask she rummages through her back and produces one. "This is my number, either of you call me if you ever, and I mean ever need anything." I wasn't just doing this because I told Tony that I would take care of them, I know that he cared deeply for Peter as though he was his own but I did too, I genuinely wanted to help these people if they ever needed it.

When I get back to the car I see Bucky fast asleep leaning against the car door. I smile softly at him as I begin to drive to pick up our son, I'd wake Bucky up before we got there to tell him.